Friday, July 30, 2010

Evodia

Winter is a bad bad time for my dry skin, I shed like a snake. My hands are in a very bad shape, blame it on constant handwashing. The conditions of my nails and cuticles...... less said the better! There is a product that has come to my rescue, Evodia Instant Repair Hand and Nail Cream in the most beautiful Champagne Melon scent. It is thick, nourishing, indugent and the scent of champagne melon is sublime, soft and satisfying. It absorbs quickly, making my hands smooth and supple and leaves a beautiful scent.


This was the first product I tried from the Evodia, an Australian company that makes bath and body products. I had high hopes about the range, they have some beautiful fragrances that I was dying to try. They don't cost much, 200 ml body fragrance costs $24.95 I had to grab a couple of them from David Jones (or was it Myers?) when they were on sale last Christmas. The Evodia website also has free shipping, which is very convenient.


Mango and Pink Grapefruit: I love Mango, my favourite fruit! Combined with Grapefruit, it has a little touch of citrus to make it mouth watering! It is fruity, fresh but not sweet, just amazingly delicious! I got a tiny refill that I carry around in my hand bag. Great to freshen up on the go.

Tropical Passion: It is from The Emotion Collection which has the trio of Vanilla Addict, Musk Desire and Tropical passion. I have to admit that it was a disappointment. It is a nice fruity floral but nothing really tropical about it, it is kind of unfinished, does not develop into anything on the body. It will be used as room spray from now on, albeit an expensive one.

These are bodyspray-like fragrances with very low fragrance concentration, the volume obviously made up with alcohol. The sillage is very close to the skin and staying power is almost zero. The Mango one is slightly better both sillage and staying power wise. Not too keen to try other fragrances from Evodia, though they sound very tempting. I'll just enjoy the Mango fragrance while my bottle lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment