Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bvlgari Omnia

I have been sitting in front of the computer for days, researching all published literature on Gastro Oesophageal Reflux, lost the plot a couple of times and had to restart again. Still, I am nowhere near completing the research. Well, all it did to me was to crave for fresh air and sunlight and to buy something nice for myself. So I did, I bought Bvlgari Omina EDP from Chemist Warehouse, unsniffed, after reading so many great reviews. The deal was too good to pass up, $40 for 40mls.

Top Notes: Ginger, Mandarin, Saffron, Pepper, Cardamom
Middle Notes: Nutmeg, Clove, Cinnamon, Almond, Masala Chai, Lotus
Base Notes: Sandalwood, White Chocolate, Tonka Bean, Woody notes
What a delectable combination of spices with tea and almonds with a dry down of white chocolate and creamy woods! I like the how it starts off, gingery fresh with beautiful spices, then turns into something dusty, not in a dirty way but in a pale and dull way. I love masala chai and definitely can smell it here but it is more of the day-old undecanted leftover of masala chai. It is not bad, I think it is adds a nice character to the fragrance, making it more interesting. The creamy dry down of sandalwood and unsweetened white chocolate is absolutely heart warming and divine!

Do I like it? Yes! I would wear it often. There is something in it that makes me crave for more. I think it lacks the warmth and depth that I wish it had, otherwise, it makes a great perfume. Staying power is good, lasts for a few hours on me. Sillage is average, close to the skin. Perfect for a winter or a rainy day to snuggle in. It is very cosy, soft and warm!

11 comments:

  1. I have found all of the Bvlgari fragrances I have tried lack depth. They're nice enough, but... meh. I haven't sniffed this one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Dee, I know the Crystalline is similar too. I tried Jasmine Noir a couple times at the stores and it seems, um, dense? Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of Bvlgari BLV Notte Pour Femme but it is the only one I have tried so far. While it is really nice and I like wearing it I personally think that Bvlgari is a bit overrated, before getting mine I thought it was the ants pants of fragrances but I have found plenty of nicer scents around that are not even necessarily as expensive as some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know Mel, BLV Notte from my memory smells great. Yes, Bvlgari is quite expensive, all for its name I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame, it sounds like an amazing mix, I should go hunt down a tester and see what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear what you think Jade. The store I bought it in didn't have a tester...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Given the notes, I would have expected more too. Glad you like it though :)
    Jasmine Noir is really good, if you love Jasmine, you will love it! I had a bottle sometime ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey great review, I agree it is nice but not exceptional. Try Dior Escales Aux Marquises, it is similar.
    You have a great blog going, good job. You write well about perfumes, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just tried Bvlgari Omnia and it is out of this world , I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Bvlgari Omnia, don't care for the rest. But if you like Omnia, try Lanvin eclat d'arpege it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Bvlgari Omnia, don't care for the rest. But if you like Omnia, try Lanvin eclat d'arpege it is great.

    ReplyDelete