Monday, September 27, 2010

Haus of Gloi: Halloween scents

How I love the perfumes from Haus of Gloi! I can't thank dear Dee enough for introducing me to them. I have bought a couple of times from the Etsy Store but now they seem to have their own website up and running. The new limited edition Halloween perfume oils were too good to pass up, I ordered some a while ago and I am so excited that they arrived in the post today!


Hex: You've been bewitched! Lecherous: brackish amber, aged vanilla bean and three dark fruits, veiled in darkness and otherworldly secrecy.


It is wonderful combination of vanilla and amber. The dark fruits which are hidden somewhere, come out creeping, very spooky! Even with the fruits in it, it is not a full blown fruity perfume. The fruits are ripe and ready to pluck which add a slightly fermented feel to it, just lovely! It is definitely an autumn scent, very dense and opaque but not cloying. I am wearing it today and it smells warm and cozy yet dark and dense. I just knew that this one would be great, I don't regret buying a full size bottle of this lovely perfume oil. 
I have been Hexed and I love it! 


Pumpkin Queen: Gentle hay pillows, pumpkin, ripe peaches dusted with clove and nutmeg, dried summer herbs, and lastly, a lovely crown of amber.


Very spicy scent, the cloves and nutmeg are strong but quieten down as it progresses. The pumpkin is very mild and doesn't come out till the spices subside. Definitely has a dry grass/saw dust feel to it, but it is very pleasant. I don't why I can smell camphor in it which may be the sharp combination of spices on my skin. It is a nice but a strong scent. I have to let it settle for a long time to actually enjoy it. I just got a sample of it, not sure if I want a full bottle.



6 comments:

  1. I decided to give the Haus of Gloi Halloweens a miss after splurging on BPAL and The Morbid The Merrier. They sound lovely, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound very nice, I'll have to check out their store :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking out their store now....when you buy the little samples, how do you apply the perfume oil? Just wipe the 'dipstick' bit on your skin and wait for it to dry ? As you can tell - I'm a total newbie to perfume oils ha! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee, I know, but I couldn't just resist Haus of Gloi :)

    Jade, you'll definitely like them, even the permanent collection ones are just gorgeous!

    Melbournite, the little 1 ml samples come with an applicator stick that you dip into the vial and apply to pulse points. The 5 ml (full size) bottle has to be dabbed on with finger. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting, this perfume business is really a whole new world isn't it, lol. By the descriptions the pumpkin one sounded more appealing to me but after having read your review it is not so appealing anymore, lol, I will pass on the camphor fragrance thank you, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, I have to test the pumpkin one again and see if I still get the camphor note :)

    ReplyDelete