Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life and its effect on perfumes: Rant

I have been quiet lately, not because there is nothing to say but because there is so much on my mind and I don't quite know where to start. There are some exciting things and not-so-exciting things happening in life. Well, that is life I guess. I somehow feel that it has all come to influence my perfumes.

I have an announcement to make. I am moving to Sydney with family, where we will be living for at least the next couple of years. It is all so very exciting, life will faster and I am hoping there will be a lot of more good things in store for us. At the end of December, I will have a post graduation in Paediatrics, with no job. Career wise Sydney seems hopeful but someone like me who is cautiously optimistic I see both hope and disappointment in my future career. But again, that is life.

The move will have its effect on my perfumes. Firstly, there will be no more online orders for the next three months or so as I cannot risk late deliveries and I will have no address till at least mid January.

eBay is still an option as the sellers do deliver within a week. Yesterday, I was bidding on a BPAL, Good Judy and some perfume oil-lot which had numerous full size bottles and many samples. I think I did everything right, I was watching it since it was listed. I bid when there was 30 minutes left. I did not take my eyes off the ticking clock when literally in the last minute, when there was 45 seconds left, someone outbid me by $5, damn! I did not even have time to react. I was close to tearing up.

As rebound or something, I placed my last online order from StrawberryNet, which is for Christmas, New Years and Valentine's Day combined. I ordered YSL travel coffret with 5 miniatures. The deal was good and I adore minis. I have always loved Opium. I recently tried Cinema and it smelt like cake! Plus Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Eye Palette which I totally did not need as I have 3 regular Shimmer Bricks. I really can't reason why I bought it. Oh well, it was discounted and I got thrown in Gosh Cover Me Up Mousse foundation. I think I did good!

I haven't really been quiet in my retail shopping either. I just got Flower by Kenzo miniature set, which is such a lovely powdery feminine floral. I am in love with it. Also bought some makeup tit bits from Inglot which also I happen to love.


Another aspect, an important one, about moving is packing and actually moving. It is amazing how much you accumulate over years. In October 2006, we landed in Australia from UK with two suitcases. Now we have a houseful of furniture and a Baby Elephant! Packing is a great task ahead and I have no idea if my perfumes will be safe in the transit or not. All I can think of is my perfumes evaporating, oils spilling, bottles breaking..... Oh no! 

Then the actual move itself. My Baby Elephant cannot fly, so we have a road trip planned. Again, it is all very exciting exciting. Here's to all good things to come, here's is to Sydney!

4 comments:

  1. WOW so much happening, and yay for shopping hehehehe :D Another positive is that by moving to Sydney you be closer to some of us Sydney bloggers YAY :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping is my panacea :D Yay, I know Jade, we could meet up! Sydney is full of cool people, beauty addicts and IMATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled for you Su! Stay positive. Moving to a bigger city is always a good thing. I wish you and your family well :)
    I'm loving your haul! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Angie! means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete