Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tokyo Milk: Dead Sexy 06

I have been eyeing off Tokyo Milk perfumes at David Jones for months. After spraying 'Dead Sexy', I immediately decided to buy it. Love at first sniff! But the tester (with the broken atomiser) is the only one available there and they have not re stocked it since almost six months! Then I wanted to buy 'Honey and The Moon', which was again, out of stock! I finally got a bottle for myself from eBay.

Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiositie by the perfumer Margot Elena is a creative and cool perfumery which has wonderful smelly goods like perfumes and solid perfumes, amazing lip products, candles and various other curious things. The packaging is so stylish! As you can see the perfume bottle is simple, cute and edgy!



Dead Sexy 06: My internet search reveals that this perfume's name is based on the movie "Dead Sexy" which is supposedly an erotic thriller. I haven't seen it but it translates to power, sex, guns, mystery etc etc. and I had a good laugh at the reviews on IMDB.

Dead Sexy, what a delightful vanilla fragrance! Vanilla is warm but not at all the edible kind. It is deep woody vanilla which is pure bliss! The warm vanilla is combined with a hint of flowers that is made complex by intense, mysterious woods, very oriental! Resinous, smoky, slightly spicy woods (I get ebony and sandalwood) are beautifully combined with vanilla making the whole thing just divine! It so full of character. It does make me feel special. I can't get over how pretty yet how feisty it is, just like the iconic 'skull and bone' on the very cute bottle! It is unisex which means you can buy it for the man in your life and use it all for yourself!

In Australia it retails for $49.95 for 29.5mls (1oz).  David Jones is the only store that I know which stocks it. Adore Beauty has it for the same price but you do have to pay shipping costs. Interestingly the Tokyo Milk website has it for $28 USD but does not ship to Australia. Well, what's new?! I got mine from eBay for around $28 plus shipping which worked out a little cheaper than buying it here.

Since Dead Sexy is a winner for me, I'd love to try their extensive range of perfumes and solid perfumes. Honey and The Moon is next on my list followed by the Cherry Bomb.

10 comments:

  1. I've seen these at DJs and though ooh cute but have yet to pick any up - yet hehe but I will soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are unisex, make a great gift for your man and you can use them all you want LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - haven't seen this before.....will now try to hunt it out at my local DJ's store. I wanna sniff it out LOL ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, dead sexy sounds fantastic - I adore a nice rich vanilla scent and to be honest I'd be tempted to buy this just cos of the cool name and great bottle design (I'm shallow like that!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Melbournite, would love to hear what you think!

    All made Up, not shallow at all! I'm such a sucker for cute packaging too! Well, who isn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.indiescents.com/products/Dead-Sexy-%252d-No.-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome, and I agree, great packaging. How annoying DJs hasn't restocked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never in all 49 years of my life had as many compliments from a perfume, as I get from dead sexy...I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just went to DJ and they don't have it nor will they be getting it. The lady at the counter was almost rude....like she couldn't be bothered with my query as to when they'd ever get it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1, Yes, I love it too :)

    Anonymous2, that's horrible :( I crave for the day when we get good service at department stores. And they wonder why we all shop online from overseas. I hope they get their act together. Frustrating!

    ReplyDelete