Sunday, December 12, 2010

Layering: Il Profvmo Chocolat + L de Lolita Lempicka = Angel!

Today as I was getting ready to go out, I decided to wear L de Lolita Lempicka. It matched the cloudy weather with sun shining occasionally and my strapless black dress with a denim jacket and disheveled hair. L de Lolita Lempicka is a gorgeous fragrance. It is lemony-sweet vanilla with a touch of cinnamon. It is soft, pretty and dessert like without being too sticky. The sweetness complements the beautiful citrus note so well.

As I was done wearing it, a sample of Il Profvmo Chocolat caught my eyes. I had forgotten how it smelt so I generously applied it on my wrists and layered it over L de Lolita Lempicka. Il Profvmo Chocolat is a deep, dense and sensual chocolate. It is not sweet, it is dark and seductive, mostly masculine. I get a myrrh note and some spices. It is quite different from Thierry Mugler Angel, except for the chocolate note.


After an hour or so, when I was out, I could smell something so familiar, weird similarity to Angel, I could definitely smell Angel! The citrus and sweetness from L de Lolita Lempicka with the chocolate and darkness of Chocolat turned into Angel on my skin. Now I wonder if my natural scent is Patchouli?! as it is prominent in Angel but not detectable in the other two. I am sure that the nail polish smell from my freshly painted nails also had something to do with getting Angel out of this combination. I do get that sharp note in Angel too. Angel is a beautiful perfume, I like to wear it. I like the serendipitous new combination that I got out of layering.

4 comments:

  1. How interesting, Angel is growing on me I think. I also love to layer smells too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jade. Angel is love it or hate it kind of perfume. Needs to grow on you for sure. It took me a while to appreciate it, not totally in love with it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up getting Choppard Wish, which is apparently a budget version of Angel. I really like it, I actually don't find them to smell too much alike as the Wish is much softer in my opinion. I had to go into the local Priceline though and have a whiff of the ridgy didge Angel and while it was incredibly potent up front and nearly knocked me for a six, lol, when it settled the smell was so yummy, definitely like a sweet dessert, I couldn't stop smelling myself, lol. Another fragrance that I wanted recently was Lolita L, but I kept becoming so indecisive when I checked out some of the others in that range, some reviews I read made it worse, some say the original is best and others obviously have other ideas, I just wish I could try them all, haha. I think getting the "Wish" is actually appropriately named for me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel is definitely an acquired taste which I'm trying to acquire :D Chopard Wish is like Angel without the weirdness/uniqueness :) I'm glad you like Wish!
    Perfumes are so confusing, especially blind buys can be expensive lessons =D

    ReplyDelete