Sunday, December 26, 2010

Les Floralies: Aromatherapy Sniff Box

Spotted at David Jones! These sniff boxes from Les Floralies, a New Zealand based company, are filled with aromatherapy essential oils. All you have to do is sniff in the vapours of the essential oils that are held together by the tiny plastic beads. What an intriguing idea! I was totally sold for its novelty. 

I picked up The Jet Lag Kit for $9.95, which has a sniff box for sleep and one to stay focussed. My default state of mind now-a-days kind of jet lagged. I could always do with some more sleep and stay focussed while awake. It comes nicely packed in an organza bag. Each sniff box is a blend of aromatherapy oils which are specific for a purpose. 
Focus is a blend of Bergamot, Lemon and Cinnamon. The citrusy smell plus spice is not strong but pleasantly awakening to the senses. Sleep is a blend of Neroli, Lavender and Chamomile. It smells nice.

Apart from the fact that the idea of the sniff box pleased me, I cannot really say it helped me therapeutically. It is very hard to please my mind and get aromatherapy working because my mind is very skewed towards modern medicine. Unless I read something has a psychotropic drug in it, it is unlikely to affect my mind!

Once the oils in these boxes evaporate, I'm planning to add a few drops of some perfume oils and keep it just for the sake of sniffing. 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea, I got some of those smelly beads in a jar thing off someone for xmas this year. I'm kind of curious what they're made from lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jade :D I think they are plastic beads which are non absorbent and keep the oils together :)

    ReplyDelete