Saturday, December 11, 2010

L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

L'Heure Bleue: The Blue Hour

The sun has set, but night has not yet fallen. It’s the suspended hour… The hour when one finally finds oneself in renewed harmony with the world and the light. L’Heure Bleue is the moment when the sun disappears beneath the horizon and the sky is painted with night’s velvet. It is an atmosphere, an inexpressible rendering exceptional moments.

L’Heure Bleue was born in 1912 of the fleeting sensation that inspired the Impressionist painters whose works Jacques Guerlain collected. He pictured this bouquet of roses softened with iris, violet and vanilla, which evoke his favorite moment of the day when, as he put it, “the night has not yet found its star” and all of nature’s elements are cast in blue light.


I tested this today and I have decided that this what I want to die wearing! It smells beautiful and romanticizes a sad feeling. It is like the entire life flashing in front of my eyes. I feel the tender baby powder caressing the skin, the romantic flowers, the warmth along with something sad, something deep, something mysterious just what I imagine to feel at the blue hour, of life!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Su... now I want it too. I am such a sucker for the names and stories of perfume lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just gorgeous! The one to be tested in lifetime for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this perfume too - I totally agree with the 'sadness' aspect to it, it's heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very intriguing, I must hunt this one down for a whiff ;) My first ever "me" fragrance was by Guerlain, I just loved it, Samsara was my signature scent as a teen and just seeing the name Guerlain always takes me back on a trip down memory lane, however it has been years since I even smelled it so I can't even remember what it is like, however it is one of those scents that when you smell it you will definitely recognise it. I don't know if I would appreciate it as much now that I am older as my tastes are forever changing but now you have me keen to go out and have a smell again, hehe, while I am at it I will get my whiff of L'Heure Bleue as well, sounds really dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete