Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pour Un Homme de Caron

Pour Un Homme de Caron: A classic male fragrance that I have fallen in love with! The fragrance conceptualised in 1934 smells so much ahead of its time. It smells like a modern, unisex, niche perfume, unique and full of character.

Lavender is a huge no-no for me. If there is one note that I hate, it would be lavender. Even the lavender in Lomani (the cheapie), Serge Lutens Gris Clair and Etat Libre D'orange Antiheros does not do it for me. Surprisingly, I like the lavender in this perfume. In this strange combination with vanilla, lavender smells really nice. It is radiant and fresh. Not harsh, not unbearable, lavender is smooth and soft. It has a hint of green herbs and spices to it. Dry down is clean and soft vanilla, not sweet, just creamy and velevety. It is very elite and sophisticated scent.

I recently got my hands on a little 4 ml bottle of a roll on body perfume (alcohol free) version of this. I like it even better. The lavender is softer and almost completely blends away into a musky, vanilla background. Nice and fresh, soft, not too heavy. Great for summer, especially for someone like me who prefers non-citrus perfumes with a touch of creaminess for summer. Of course, a great vanilla perfume for men!

No comments:

Post a Comment