Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Frederic Malle: Carnal Flower

Visiting Mecca Cosmetica frequently has definitely narrowed down my TPC wishlist. I can try so many perfumes there. It is like French perfume heaven for me. Having heard so much about Carnal flower, I was so excited to spritz it all over myself at Mecca Cosmetica. 


I have grown up with a lot of tuberose around me. The smell definitely brings back memories. The scent of tuberose is a very intoxicating one. It so dense, soft and powdery. Carnal Flower is like amplifying the smell of tuberose 100 times! 
Tuberose, Gardenia, Salicylates, Coconut, Musk


Carnal Flower is tuberose heaven! Very intoxicating, seductive perfume. The 'carnal' factor is all about the tuberose: sensual, clean and sophisticated. It comes on as a blast of tuberose, quite strong and heady floral. Being rich and opulent floral, there is a freshness and crispness to it, making it wearable. The lush tuberose is enhanced by the creamy underlay of something pleasant and soft which contrasts the potent tuberose. There is a great throw to it, projection is great. No one will ever miss you when you wear it!



I think moderation is the key to Carnal Flower. A heavy handed spritz goes straight to the head through nostrils! It is great for whenever you want to feel sexy, day or night. Perfect for a romantic evening, just to put yourself and your partner in the mood! Being a unisex perfume, I would love to smell it on a man. I bet it makes a sexy juice blending with his masculinity.



It retails at AUD $490 for 100 mls. $335 for 50 mls and $205 for 3x10 mls at Mecca Cosmetica. I don't think I'll be paying that much . I'll look out for it on The Perfumed Court. I'll be happy with a small decant without having to pay a mini fortune for a full bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment