Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Purchase: Etat Libre d'Orange "Don't Get Me Wrong Baby...."

I have been wanting to try Etat Libre d'Orange ever since I heard all the hype about Secretions Magnifiques. Don't Get Me Wrong Baby keeps up with the image of Etat Libre d'Orange with its novelty theme and promiscuous title. Pardon my French, but the line sounds corny and try-hard with the shock value that may or may not take it too far. I bought it because I scored it at half price, a great bargain at Mecca Cosmetica which has become my new haunt.
Composition: Jasmine, Aldehydes, Lily Of The Valley, Orange Blossom, Solar Accord, Amber, Patchouli, Coconut, Musk and Marshmallow....

I have used it twice and don't really know what to make of it. Don't Get Me Wrong Baby is a very very good girl. Too good for my liking. Given the name, I expected some naughtiness. But there is none. I doubt if this girl even performs the job that eventuates in swallowing!

It is a clean and neat floral which begins with a fresh blast of Jasmine, orange blossom and a pleasant Lily of the Valley note. It remains a strong floral for a long time. I was impatiently waiting for something else to come through. Finally, I could get a whiff of something soft and sweet. Fluffy, light and sweet marshmallow note comes through but somehow lost in the overtness of floral top notes.

Looking beyond the shock value of the name, it is well made floral, very wearable. It has a nice refined feel about it. Not really the kind of perfumes that I'd prefer but a soft light floral is a nice addition to my collection. I want to try Putain des Palaces, aka Hotel Slut which seems to have some resinous notes and ironically more character.

2 comments:

  1. Lols great review, it sounds nice but not too exciting eh. Hotel Slut sounds like fun, oooh that reminds me of a story from my younger years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jade! Would love to hear that story :D

    ReplyDelete