Friday, May 20, 2011

I am loving: L'Occitane Shea Butter Balm

L'Occitane Shea Butter Beauty Balm in Orange Honey
Limited Edition
$16.95 AUD
Spotted at L'Occitane, the new Shea Orchard Range with limited edition fragrances! There is Shea Butter Luscious Beauty Balm and Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream in three new gorgeous fragrances: Vinyard Rose, Apricot Flower and Orange Honey. Oh My, they all smell so good! As much as I wanted them all, I picked up Shea Butter Beauty Balm in Orange Honey and loving it to bits!

Shea Butter Beauty Balm has 95% Organic and fair Trade Shea butter in it. It feels amazing on the skin. The butter looks like a firm balm in the container but melts at body temperature and applies like a dream on the skin! Winter is a great timing for the release of these products as shea butter cures and soothes dry skin so well. Being a multipurpose balm, you can pretty much use it for everything. L'Occitane has come up with 50 ways of using it.

My skin is not the only part me loving it. My nose is loving it as well! The Orange Honey fragrance is so yummy! The non citrusy but smooth orange combines wonderfully with honey and smells good enough to eat! Both orange and honey are of natural origin, so I guess you could eat it for real! The smell does stay on the skin for a long time, making it somewhat like a solid perfume!

Braille Labeling on L'Occitane
It comes in a tin which is shaped like a semi circle, like an orange segment. Looks cute! I have noticed the Braille writing on most of the L'Occitane products with wonder and appreciation. There is a little inspirational story behind the Braille labeling of L'Occitane products. I read an interesting article in CNN Money about this. In 1996 when Olivier Baussan, the Founder of L'Occitane was visiting one of his boutiques, he was fascinated by a blind woman inhaling and experiencing the perfumes. After that, most of the products had Braille labeling to make it more accessible to visually impaired. It only costs 4c to 6c extra to incorporate Braille on the packaging, estimated according to CNN Money.

In 1998, L'Occitane, in association with American Foundation for the Blind (AFB), launched a perfume school for blind teenagers. It is called Provence dans tous les sens. Every year, visually impaired students from ages of 14 to 16, selected by AFB, are flown from US to France where they learn perfumery from a blind perfumer. All the proceeds from the limited edition products go to this.

Along with community trade and empowering women, L'Occitane Foundation is closely associated with ORBIS which is an NGO that runs ophthalmology centers in isolated populations of developing world. They are partners with Hellen Keller International Childsight which improves vision and academic potential of children living in poverty. Through Order of Malta they make cataract surgeries available for poor. I am touched! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea Loccitane was doing so much good work! Will be buying more from Loccitane, all the products are so good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out L'Occitane products! I've only tried their hand cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, heart-melting. Heading there asap, would love to love a brand like this
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great product, i will give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not tried any of their products Su but you may have lured me in.

    I also love that you educated me around the inclusion of braille on their products. Given they are PETA approved already, this is the kind of corporate behaviour I like to support.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments everyone! L'Occitane is a great brand with a great attitude. Their products, especially the perfumes are just amazing :)

    ReplyDelete