Thursday, May 5, 2011

Seven Days of Sandalwood- Keiko Mecheri: Bois de Santal

White Sandalwood of Mysore, White Rose, Ambergis,
Tonka, Siamese Benzoin
Keiko Mecheri says: "True Sandalwood of Mysore is used as a pivot of this fragrance tailored for a modern dandy. A chord of rose and ambergis sublimes its nobility. Precious woods and balsamic notes reaffirm its sensuous warmth. Pure, mysterious"


KM's Bois de Santal is a little beauty! A fresh and sparkling fragrance with a modern vibe to it. The sandalwood is full but so light and delicate. White florals (Osmanthus, is mentioned as a note) make the whole thing so weightless and effortless! The dry down is a soft sandalwood made softer by powdery amber.
TPC decant
$3 for 1 ml
I like this take on sandalwood as it makes it more contemporary. Very wearable, sophisticated. It is soothing and uplifting. Perfect for summer nights! If you are lucky enough to live in a place where you can try Keiko Mecheri, this is a must-try, along with Peau de Peche (my favourite) and the Loukhoum ones (foody rose). In Australia, you can sniff them at Libertine Perfumery (Brisbane) and Galerie de Parfum in Myer, Melbourne. Both these places have online shopping and a 75 ml bottle retails at $225 AUD. Alternately you can try it at The Perfumed Court.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how expensive the 75ml bottle is! However it sounds lovely, I'll have to see if I can find it to test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintage, I think it is easier to find in the US and I am sure the price will be a tad cheaper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! $225? Out of my league, but it sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way out of my league! But I am pretty happy with decants =)

    ReplyDelete