Sunday, June 26, 2011

BPAL: O, Love In Idleness, The Ghost

Some BPAL perfume oils that I have been trying: thoughts and short reviews.
O
Ars Amatoria
Love potions
Genaral Catalogue
The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla
Every time I smell O, it is a "Dear Perfume Diary" moment! I have been busting to try O since forever and it was a dream come true when dear Dee sent me an imp. O is all that I expected it to be and more! Amber, honey and vanilla.... ah! Very sexy! The utterly gorgeous honey makes me even more of a slave to sensory pleasures!
It dries to tone itself down, kind of merges with my skin and stays on like musky amber. It smells a lot like Womb Furie only lighter. 
I love it, it is amazing. Goes straight to my full bottle list. O is the closest you can get to Womb FurieIf anyone craves for Womb Furie when it is not Lupercalia, O is the best bet in the General Catalogue!


Love In Idleness
Rappaccini's Garden
General Catalogue
The broken imp
Yet mark'd I where the bolt of Cupid fell:
It fell upon a little western flower,
Before, milk-white, now purple with love's wound,
And maidens call it love-in-idleness.



Being challenged in English lit, I googled to find out that these are the words of Shakespeare, describing a Pansy. Like pansies, this perfume oil is beautiful and pretty! It is a full on floral that goes soft and sweet on the skin. What is it? Sugared violets? Or maybe lilacs? I can't quite put my finger on it but it is a sweet, light and powdery floral. Very pretty, very feminine, very delicate.


Sadly, my imp just hit the floor and broke. I salvaged as much as I could and covered myself in this scent today! I like it in spite of the overdose!


The Ghost
Ars Morlendi
General Catalogue
A thin, sinuous, creeping chill, the scent of glee-filled undeath: white iris, osmanthus, Calla lily, tomb-crawling ivy and a coffin spray of gladiolus, lisianthus and delphinium.


At first it smells like concrete, very cold and lifeless. It takes a while for the florals to emerge, but when they do, it is just beautiful. The flowers are clean, almost sterile. I really like the transformation from the coldness to bright florals. But the dry down reminds me of so many other BPAL perfume oils. It has the floralness of Ile De La Tortue without the tropicalness and maybe it smells like High Strung Daisies without the sweetness.

7 comments:

  1. Michelle, O is gorgeous! It is LOVE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound lovely! It's too bad that one broke, I hate when that happens!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when bottles/vials break too :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read the Story of O book, quite a saucy one ;) might have to hunt down the scent :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if my other comment worked haha my computer is an arse sometimes, anyways O sounds awesome, the book it's based on is a good saucy read too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jade, heard a lot about the book, haven't read though. I am sure you'll like the scent as well :)

    ReplyDelete