Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Estee Lauder Staff Shop Experience

Edited To Add (3/1/2012) EL staff store (Sydney) will be moved to 165-175, Mitchell Road, Erskineville, NSW 2043 from 9 Jan 2012

Last saturday, I had an incredible opportunity to visit the Estee Lauder Staff Shop, thanks to Little Jo for the pass! A few girls from Beauty Heaven: Michelle, Magda, Alice, Christine, Jas and myself decided to catch up for a little beauty therapy! It is so great to be among people with the same interest. It was priceless meeting them!

Estee Lauder Staff Shop is a discount outlet for all brands owned by Estee Lauder. You have to have a pass to get into the store. I was lucky enough to score one. The pass just gains you entry into the store, you have to pay for the goods! There is a cap of $500 to spend, which is very easy! 

Staff Shop is in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. I went to Sydney store in Rosebery.

Estee Lauder is a big fish which owns a lot of brands. The products in the shop are the ones that are over stocked, discontinued stock, limited editions along with regular products at the major departmental stores. What you find depends on the store and what they have at that particular time. It keep changing depending on the turnover. The major brands under EL are:

Discount: 40% off the Australian RRP. Which is great, but sometimes you can get them cheaper online. But there are some specials, which are way cheaper than even online stores! 

What I was most excited to check out was the prices of the perfumes and what brands they carried. Some interesting finds at 40% off were:
Tom Ford Private Blend: Champaca Absolute, Bois Rouge, Neroli Portofino: $174 each
Donna Karen Essence Lavender: $90 
DNKY perfumes, a lot! 
Jo Malone: lots of bath oils and perfumes, including Dark Amber and Ginger Lily cologne 
Missoni and Missoni Aqua 
MAC Naked Honey 
Lots of Estee Lauder perfumes, except Sensuous Noir that I was determined to buy! 
Aramis, Sean John and many male fragrances

On sale was: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess $30 for 100mls
Aveda Love Pure-Fume essence $10

My haul from the EL store
EL Stay In Place eyeshadow x2 with a mirror and comb: $20
EL Equalizer Smart makeup: $20

MAC Pigment in Grape, Marbelised gloss in Crazy Haute, Lipstick in Pink Burst: $15
MAC mystique Palette in Cool: $25
MAC Zoom Lash in New Hue, a purple shade: $5
Aveda Love Pure-fume oil: $10
All up $95

Aveda Love Pure-fume Essence was on sale in the shop. I bought it at $10! The label underneath read $60. I am not sure of its real price, but $10 is a great bargain!
Aveda Love Pure-fume essence
After leaving the store, we hit another one called La Boutique, a discount cosmetics and perfumes outlet. I did not have time to look at the perfumes properly but there were some nice brands. I managed to score a 15ml bottle of Annick Goutal Songes for $15
Hermes Rouge 5ml miniature for $5

Cherry on top, I received Yaby Pearl Paints that I ordered from Makeup and Glow! Just loving the texture of these shadows, they feel like silk and blend beautifully! I wanted to show off the pretty colours but yesterday's swatches were crappy and my arms were hairy. Anyway, loving these tiny little pans!


So, this is what I have been up to! I have a lot to play with, both makeup and perfumes. Always happy to score a bargain!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh wow you got a lot of great goodies! & great discounts as well :)

    So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee Su nice haulage, would love to go myself one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage, if not for discounts, I wonder if I would have got these many things at once :)

    Jade, you must visit the shop! You'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for hauling Su - looks like you found some awesome stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, love your haul there Su.

    Lucky you are able to catch up with some of the BH girls. I miss chatting with everyone in the forums but don't have time to anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Jac, very happy! I wish I had found MAC creme cup for both of us :(

    Lilpil, if you are coming to Sydney for IMATS, it would be awesome to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I never knew such a thing existed! Great bargains, that Annick Goutal looks so beautiful :)
    What are those pearl paints? Eyeshadows?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie, yes, the pearl paints are eye shadows. They are just awesome, lovely pearly finish and great colours :)
    Annick Goutal bottle is so pretty, I like it too :)

    ReplyDelete