Sunday, June 19, 2011

First request for my perfume creations!

My DIY perfume adventures have taken new wings! My dear friend Michelle aka Scentsation, has requested some of my perfume oils. I am soon sending off the very first order of my perfume creations! Thanks you Michelle, for all the support and inspiring me to do something I love! I am so excited and really happy that you like what I make!
Lytic Cocktails
L-R Cherry Sorbet, Pina Colada, Naked, Toothache, Gingerbread, Topless
Prototype of a coffee scent I am making, it has coffee, hazelnut and honey!
The name I have given to my perfume oils is "Lytic Cocktails". In Pharmacology, a Lytic Cocktail is a combination of drugs that is used to produce certain effects. When I was in med school, Lytic Cocktail of Laborit stroke a chord in me. I love pharmacology and fascinated by how drugs worked together. I am taking the inspiration and applying it to smells! And the name Lytic Cocktails sounds cool!

If I further my line of perfume oils, they will be based on pharmacology/drugs. For example, I may call a perfume oil "antidepressant" which would be a happy combination or "psychedelic" which may take you on a 'trip'!

Without dreaming away and building castles in the air, making perfume oils on a regular basis is an ambitious project for me. Selling them takes lots of time and effort. The whole project needs commitment and hard work. I am not sure if I am ready for it, even though I have tremendous passion for it!

As of now, I am happy to take requests from friends. If you want to try any of my perfume oils or want me to make anything specially for you, just email me sdr.aus@gmail.com

OMG, this is so exciting!!!

Prices in AUD: $7 for 5 mls
                    $2 for 1 ml
                    + postage

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Congratulations - you must be on top of the world! :) what is the price range of your perfume oils?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ki!
    Pricing is the hard part. I just updated my post
    $7 AUD for 5mls
    $2 AUD for 1 ml samples plus postage

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome, Su! I love the pharmaceutical naming of your perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to you this must be super exciting for you. I tell you what I am currently searching for a natural chemical free scent. I adore perfumes but my skin hates them my allergies are a nightmare. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, I hope they sound too boring :)

    Sugarpufffish, Thank you! It is really hard to say if you will be allergic to a perfume or not. Even with 100% natural ingredients, you may develop an allergy. Best thing is try a little bit and figure out how your skin will react. I can make perfume oils with 100% natural oils too. My Gingerbread is totally natural and I can make something depending on what you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michelle, I meant "I hope they *don't* sound too boring" lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool :D I'm up for anything foody/vanilla/chocolate based that you may have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Ki, I have a few :)
    Could you please email me? sdr.aus@gmail.com so that I can describe what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds super cool Su :)
    I would love to try your creations, but I don't really know what scent to choose :) But will let you know when I make up my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Madga, I'll let you sniff when we meet up for a makeup lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool!! I had no idea you made perfumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow ur own line of perfumes! cool!

    Linked u up in my blog roll. New follower. Hope you follow back.

    www.nailsbykatevergara.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vintage, I'm very excited :)
    Kate, thanks for the follow! Your blog is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh Su, I think I'll have to get you to make me a special perfume when it comes closer to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sure Jade, would love to make something for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so lovely!! i love the names!! :) great blog im your new follower i really hope you'll follow back :)
    xoxox
    http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Love the name Lytic Cocktails!
    I will email you with a list, I surely want to try some :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your order Angie :)

    ReplyDelete