Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hold your noses.... it stinks!

I am not in the best of my mood today. The depressing weather, deadlines to be met, incessant cough, everything is making me more irritable than usual. The last thing I need at this dire time is a perfume that adds another symptom, nausea to the syndrome. Yes, I am wearing a so-called perfume today, that is making everything worse. Just a word of warning, whatever I say should be taken in the context of febrile hallucinations and Seasonal Affective Disorder. I may be hallucinating but I am definitely not cacosmic. This smells really bad.

I wish I hadn't opened this vial today. 5 seconds too late, the stuff was all over both my wrists. Gosh, this stinks. It is supposed to smell like strawberries, almonds and vanilla. All great notes that I'd love, what's not to like? The combination reeks on my skin. The strawberries are so ripe that it is about to rot. To mask the rottenness, a gallon of sugar syrup has been added as a presrvative. Almonds are lost somewhere between the overripe strawberries and a sharp Jasmine note. Jasmine is not mentioned but I can sense its monsterous presence.

Overall effect: somewhere between cheap incense sticks and horrible scented erasers. It brings to mind one of those sugary, sweet, artificially flavoured drinks that gives cavities to little kids. I am choking on it and my stomach is churning. It is something that would make those celebrity sweet perfumes smell like masterpieces in comparison. I don't care if my nose is not cultured enough to appreciate this expensive, supposedly well made perfume. This smells so wrong on me. This vile stuff is called Montale Mukhallat.

13 comments:

  1. Eww I am feeling for you darl, nothing worse :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Mel, nothing worse! I never thought I'd hate it so much. Maybe another time, another mood. Let's see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww! I'd wash it off and go without rather than put up with something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, scrubbed it off :) But I am sure it is still lingering somewhere behind my nose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have those days.I was shocked to read this perfume that`s driving you nuts is from Montale I was thinking Paris Hilton lol :)The notes sounds so scrummy. This one def turned out to be a scrubber on you. Oh well, even niches can come up with rubbish compositions.What you need is a warm bath, some tea and a hug from baby elephant. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ♥
    I would have forgiven if it was Paris Hilton LOL

    I am deliberately avoiding hugging baby elephant today. I don't want to pass on my bug to him :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your (amusing though not for you) review I had to google this perfume to see what others are saying. I read one person describe it smelling like rubber erasers they used as a kid then going on to say that she loved it -I'd hate to smell what other perfumes she wore!

    I guess on your quest to find the worlds most amazing perfumes you must also encounter the worlds most vomit worthy ones. Lets hope the next one is back on team amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sarah, I definitely get the rubber eraser smell from it but I don't want to smell like it :D
    Perfumes rarely turn bad on me. I should stick with the ones I already know and like especially when I am sick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon, sounds like an interesting fragrance. I had a similar experience with that Marc Jacob Daisy so fresh perfume the description sounded like a scent I would enjoy but I sprayed it on me and it smelt like toilet cleaner! Yuck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sugarpuffish :) Eau so fresh or ewww so fresh? LOL I have a review of that coming up :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! Can you wash it off? I hope you are feeling better hun xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks PopBlush! I washed it off and I am also feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I don't like it...that perfume smells WRONG but you still had me laughing with your Seasonal Affective Disorder reference. x

    ReplyDelete