Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm reaching out for.... featuring violet/purple hair!

The sunny days of Sydney's winter are the best! Today, it is 15ºC on Sunday afternoon, bright and sunny! Right now, I am sitting on a chair, out in the balcony, warming up in the sun, cool breeze blowing, with the white noise of very little traffic, watching the people going in and out of the cafe across the street, feeling lazy and just about to doze off..... Life is good!

Liquorice!
The nights are cold enough to comfortably snuggle on the couch drinking "Irish" Hot Chocolate, (my new obsession!) nibbling on liquorice twists and watching Frasier marathon.
Hot Chocolate spiked with Bailey's

Winter is the best time to wear perfumes I love to my heart's content! All the intense, heavy, incense-y, gourmand scents, ooh! I am reaching out for all my favourites this winter.

Shalimar + Snake Oil = awesomeness!





Guerlain's Shalimar is the ultimate. Shalimar is more than perfume for me. It is an experience that I want to live again and again, each day and everyday of my life. I love Shamilar and Shalimar definitely loves me back! Shalimar is incomplete without me. When it touches my skin, becomes complete. It is my smell!  

I have declared my love for BPAL Snake Oil many times. I adore Snake Oil. It is so warm, sexy and everything I crave for in perfumes.

Now put them both together! Shalimar + Snake Oil is breathtakingly beautiful! A match made in heaven! Both perfumes are vanilla based which makes a good basis for a successful marriage. But both are different and compliment each other perfectly. Snake Oil tames the intensity of Shalimar and makes it sweeter. Shalimar in turn makes Snake Oil powdery, taking a new turn to sexy-ville!

I have been layering both these gorgeous scents for winter nights. I love it, everybody around me loves it. I want to smell like this for the rest of my life!

Haus Of Gloi: Troika 
The website says: "A trinity of soft milks, almond, oat and coconut, lashed with sweet agave nectar and the ethereal scent of clean white."

Oh My! it is really stunning! So feminine, so sexy, so warm and so yummy! It is a soft, white scent with creamy, milky undertones. I want to wrap myself in it. I actually I am wrapping myself in Troika pumpkin butter with the perfume oil. Swoon!

Flourish: Almond Milk perfume oil:
The website says: Soft, sensual, intoxicating: almond, vanilla, musk, a wisp of white chocolate. This fragrance manages to be both a soothing comfort scent and incredibly sexy at the same time (try it- you'll see what I mean). Sugary perfume haters need not apply, but lovers of all things sweet and gourmand- I think you'll enjoy this one quite a bit.

 It is such an amazing fragrance. Almond and milk, so simple and comforting. I am slathering myself with it. Not hard to believe, it is my second bottle!
Tom Ford White Musk Collection:
I bought the samples a year ago and reviewed them here. The vial of the Pure Musk broke and my husband enjoyed wearing White Suede. This winter I am wearing Jasmine Musk and Urban Musk. Very sexy and just right for day time. I am almost done with both of them. I really want a decant of Jasmine Musk, it is too gorgeous!

Finally, showing off my new hair colour! A funky shade of purple, that has a violet glow in the sunlight and reddish black in incandescent light! This is only a semi permanent colour that I did at home. I want to go one shade on the brighter side of purple next. Who knew I could pull off purple hair and make a funky shade look so pretty!

18 comments:

  1. Oooooh I LOVE hot chocolate! :) I miss the cold weather!

    Loving the purple hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vintage! If you make your hot chocolate Irish, it'll be even more delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple hair! I enlarged the second photo and wow! It is really bright and shiny, but so wearable! What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relaxing read :) glad you are enjoying your Sunday. I miss winters, its monsoon season and very hot and humid here in Islamabad.Snake oil sounds delicious (not the name but the notes hehe)Have you tried any oils from Laurie Stern? http://www.purrfumery.com/I`m dying to try a sample but have shipping restrictions on liquids here :( I love how she makes her perfumes from fruits and flowers from her garden. Love the packaging too. Your hair looks soooo cool Su. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Angie! It was Napro Palette in Purple Cherry. I might put in a Fudge shade next :)

    Thank you, Pandora :)
    Not tried Lauren Stern but looked at the website just now. I will sure be getting a sampler pack! Fab recommendation, thank you :)
    What a shame they don't ship to where you live! They should ship at the solid ones at least :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I miss the Aussie winters, practically the same as our summers lol but thank goodness I can get Aussie liquorice here because its the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly Sugarpuffish! UK summers and Aussie winters are very much the same. Only UK summer/spring time has such pretty flowers everywhere!
    The liquorice is just from Coles, but Darrell Lee/Haigh's stuff is amazing! Chocolate coated liquorice bullets, yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOUR HAIR IS AMAZING! I want purple hair. (:

    I'm dying to try Haus of Gloi's Troika! It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh your hair looks sexy ;D and I've been dying to try some BPAL for a while, especially womb furie, but I cannot find that one anywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thanks Michelle! Troika is simply superb, you'll love it!

    Ki, thank you :) You'll have to wait till the next Valentine's Day for Womb Fuire (LE for Lupercalia) In the meantime, eBay is the best bet. O is kind of similar to WF but not the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hair - so shiny!

    And I really need to get into more indie perfumeries. Trokia sounds amazing. It's been on my wishlist for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Larie! Troika is beautiful. Anything from Haus of Gloi is worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Su, your hair is gorgeous, I love it so much, what a chic colour for winter too :)
    Please excuse me while I do some catching up on your blog, its been quite a while, so I would like to congratulate you on how far you have come since the humble beginnings. This blog rocks, I love it, you have managed to really make it something special, big woo hoo from me, you go girl :)
    PS Thanks so much for your encouragement while my new blog is in the prep stages, hehe, I am quite overwhelmed by it all and have so much yet to understand. I might have to humbug you for advice about one or two of the basics as I am quite sure I am doing things ass about and back to front, haha, or the hard way atm, and I am thinking there must be an easier way, your layout looks just spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mel, thank you so much! I am loving the change to purple! I am totally encouraged to go permanent :)

    Your support means a lot to me. Thanks for sticking by me from the very start :) I love your blog, great beginning! I can't wait to see what all you come up with! Need anything, I am your girl :) Very happy to share anything useful I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks sooo pretty! I've always wanted a color other than blonde, black, natural colors etc., but I am so very pale that I don't think it would look good on me. It looks wonderful on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Cerina :) I just saw your FOTD, you hair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I could wear my hair that colour but unfortunately, it only ever lasts less than a week in my hair. It looks gorgeous on you. And I agree that there is nothing better on cold winter nights than hot drinks and licorice. I'm addicted to the Darrel Lea flavoured ones, have you tried them?

    ReplyDelete
  18. MissTeaAddict, this colour did not last for more than a week, unfortunately. I really like the color, I may go for a permanent shade :)

    Oh, I LOVE the Darrel Lea ones, especially the strawberry flavour, yumm :)

    ReplyDelete