Friday, August 12, 2011

Haus Of Gloi: Autumn/Halloween Scents - Review

It is Halloween time at Haus Of Gloi! The Halloween perfume oils will be released 17th of this month. I am really happy to see that 4 perfume oils I bought last year are being re released and even happier that there are some new ones to try! 

I bought the whole lot last year, samples of everything and full size Hex. I even reviewed two of them. But as you can see, they look untouched. They haven't gotten the love they deserve. I blame it on the lack of space to store my scents. It getting harder for me to reach for the scents I love because I don't get a full view of my collection. At least they are aged now and will smell better! 

Anyway, in the wake of the announcement of the release of the Halloween scents form Haus Of Gloi, I thought it is time to bring them out to the light of day, to test run them.

Haus Of Gloi: Halloween perfume oils '10
Hex
You’ve been bewitched! Lecherous: brackish amber, aged vanilla bean and three dark fruits, veiled in darkness and otherworldly secrecy 
This is the kind of fruity scent that I like! It is sweet, light and the fruits are so ripe that they are a little boozy. These fruits do have some darkness to them. The vanilla is beautiful, it blends so well with amber and makes me want keep sniffing my wrist! So glad I have a full bottle. Like I said last year, I've been Hexed and I'm loving it!



Saft Ernte
A merry drink of harvest and glowing with warmth: Peach juice simmering with sweet spices, pumpkin, silken hazelnut cream and made completely curious with a drop of orange blossom water.
Smells very peachy, somewhat like Peach Mama, only spicier and creamier. This does smell like something that you'd drink on a cold evening sitting in front of a fire. Very warm and toasty.


Samhain
Freshly turned earth, wet leaves, and a spectre ridden wind.
Wow, I really can smell the fresh soil and wet leaves! It is so earthy and reminds me of gardening and getting my hands dirty. Too lazy for it, but I am glad I can live my gardening dreams vicariously through this scent!
At first, it smells of fresh lavender, which gives it that fresh turned earth quality. I can smell dry herbs which give the leafy quality. The mild, very mild spices (nutmeg?) along with the dryness of the herbs makes it smell windy. The combination is so peaceful and calms me down. Fascinating! I want a full bottle this time! 


Pumpkin Queen
Gentle hay pillows, pumpkin, ripe peaches dusted with clove and nutmeg, dried summer herbs, and lastly, a lovely crown of amber.
This is a spicy pumpkin scent. At first more spicy than pumpkin, but as the spices mellow down, pumpkin comes through beautifully. There is a dryness to it, which is kind of hay-like. Last year, in my review I mentioned the camphor note. Yes, still get it. But not something I would dislike. I like Pumpkin Queen very much, after I let it grow on me. It is very Halloween-y and lovely.


This year, Haus Of Gloi is releasing 6 more scents on 17th August! Take a look at the preview on the blog. Excited to try them all, especially, Queen Mother, Red Ronan and Ghost Puffs. They even have yummy soaps, pumpkin butters and scrubs in some scents! Can't wait!


Update 18/08/2011: Haus of Gloi Autumn Collection has been launched with many new perfumes! Ordered the Samplers 2 and 3 plus a full size Licorice Chew from the Candy Bowl! Can't wait for the yummy stuff to arrive!

18 comments:

  1. This is the first time that I will be buying Haus of Gloi's Halloween scents so I am glad to have your perspective on them before the release - thanks Su :D
    I want saft ernta, hex, red roan, ghost puffs for sure :D and I have never smelled pumpkin in a perfume before so I am excited for that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love them Ki :) I hope there is a sampler of all the perfumes this time too. Queen Mother is going to be one of a kind, getting that for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read in the comments that all scents may not be available in sample form? I would definitely want to try a sample of each scent :) maybe not queen mother though, since I cannot stand patchouli :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they do! I will be grabbing all of them if they have samples. I think I'd like Queen Mother, aged patchouli is not as harsh on me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? I am too new to know about how it smells aged :P but there won't be a sample of that one (acc. to Britton) so I prob. won't spend on a bottle! Wish there were HoG decant circles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great idea. I'm up for it :D
    Or I could decant Queen Mother for you to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sounds of Saft Ertna - peach juice sounds so lush~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. PopBlush, It is very luscious and yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agreed with PopBlush I am liking the sound of Saft Ertna.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haus of Gloi is also on my list :D Hex sounds interesting! I have a pumpkiny-spicy scent (Louise from Sweet Anthem) but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww so sweet :) I'll wait to hear what you think of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never bought from HoG before, but I've been stalking for a while and reading every review I can possibly find online. I am an Autumn scent fiend, and next week cannot come fast enough. Samhain has got me most interested...I don't think I've ever seen a scent with that sort of description before, and fallish, earthy wet leaves is one of my most potent scent memories, I wonder if it can actually be captured in a vial. But, while I breathe...I hope. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sugarpuffish, I figured you'd like it since you like fruity ones :)
    Larie, you should give it a go. Louise is very different from the pumpkin scents of HoG, maple syrup changes it :)
    KI, can't wait to order them!
    Liber Vix, you'll love Samhain, it is so literal but so wearable and pleasant. Smells and feels like autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hex sounds awesome! :) Loving the simple packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vintage, I like the slender bottles too! I think they've changed it now though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hex is now in my mental shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, you'll love Hex! Mental shopping cart, lol I should have one too! I'm sure I'll loose it in the huge lot of things there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope to get my mitts on samhain and perhaps pumpkin queen this year :)

    ReplyDelete