Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Prada Intense EDP: Review

Prada Intense, also known as Amber Intense, also known as pure awesomeness
Prada Intense or Amber Intense
Notes according to Fragrantica:
Citrusy top notes
Heart: Patchouli, Balsam, Rose, Mimosa
Base: Musk, Labdanum, Tonka, Sandalwood, Vanilla
I am wearing it today and just loving it! Last December, I bought the miniature as a part of a set of 4 Prada perfumes for Christmas. Out of the four, I fell in love with Amber Intense Eau De Parfum. It is heavenly, sexy and really intense, just the way I like it!

Being a huge fan of Amber and huger fan of Labdanum, this is one of the fragrances that brings to mind the Amber Accord heavily based on Balsamic notes and Vanilla. Labdanum jumps out first in its full glory, soft, full and warm. The whole thing is smoothed by Vanilla and creaminess of Tonka Bean, without being too sweet but just enough to make the concoction dreamy and delightful!

The Amber is accompanied by a beautiful, earthy and mild yet conspicuous Patchouli note that just blends into the skin. Patchouli merges very well with Amber Accord, making the whole thing sexier and much more seductive!

Prada Intense, to my nose, is a happy marriage between Amber Accord and Patchouli. Both manifest equally, don't overpower each other, they not only co exist but also enhance each other's beauty! The combination is sexy, irresistible and voluptuous! It is intense, in the nicest, softest and the most sensual way!

The Italian fashion house has a long list of perfumes to its credit. Prada original 2004 preceded Prada Intense launched in 2005, followed by Prada Tendre 2006 and Infusion d'Iris 2007, which are in my set of minis. The latest Amber version is L'eau Ambree 2009 and one for men, Amber Pour Homme Intense 2011, both of which I would love to try! 

14 comments:

  1. I love the smell of patchouli, so I may have to go give this a sniff in person. Wow! I'm so jealous of people who can write great perfume reviews: I could never manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VijiiS, if you love Patchouli, you got to try this. It is soft and beautiful :) Thank you, I am yet to smell well, lots of sniffing helps though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds gorgeous! :) I'll have to see if I can find a tester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your perfume reviews, Su - they're so eloquent :D I want to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage, definitely worth a try! I think most department stores have Prada :)

    Larie, thank you <3 Do try it, it is very sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only tried the original Prada. I will have to smell this next time I'm at the dept store or Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try it, Staci :) The original is quite different from the Intense version though I thought it would just be stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds very sensual.Haven't tried it as yet. My mom has Prada L'eau Ambree which is heavenly. Is is somewhat similar? Beautiful review as always.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds wonderful......loved reading your review :) I am a new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pandora: I haven't tried L'eau Ambree, would love to. I'll try it when I am at the shops next. I have heard good things about it :)

    Harshleen, thank you! I'll check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tried this perfume yet but I will check it out at the counters! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PopBlush, sure do! I am pretty sure Myer has it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah my nemesis Patchouli... so we meet again. Maybe when I grow up and use big girl perfumes I will appreciate your scent but for now...not so much :(

    Great review as always Su :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jac, Patchouli takes a lot of effort to love! I did not appreciate patchouli in perfumes till I smelt the EO, which took me back to the plant we had at home! After that, I always love a good patchouli perfume :)

    ReplyDelete