Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sweet Anthem Reviews: Cordelia, Emily, Louise

The second installment of Sweet Anthem Perfume reviews. Check out the first part here


CORDELIA
Ambergris, Black Pepper, Civet, Coriander, Fir Needle, Lavender, Plum, Sandalwood


In the bottle, spicy! On my skin, black pepper and fir needle come out beautifully. What a combination, the spiciness of the pepper and coolness of the fir needle is surprising complementary and not harsh at all. I can swear that I can smell Cardamom, at least it has that feel to it. The beautiful combination of spices is present throughout in various levels. It is not really pungent, just full, dense and mild. There is some sweetness in the background which I am guessing is from the plum. It is not overly sweet or fruity but the sweetness is gentle and much needed to balance out the other elements. The dry down is somewhat warm and creamy.


Overall, a beautiful perfume. Perfect for colder months. It makes a statement for sure!


EMILY
Still she wears her red dress, and paints her toes and twirls. Emily takes it back to old times of honey, oatmeal, yuzu, almond, Turkish mocha, vanilla, coconut, and sandalwood.
Almond, Coconut, Honey, Milk, Oatmeal, Sandalwood, Yuzu


Yummy! Absolutely delicious almond, drizzled with honey! So creamy and sweet, I want to eat it! Yuzu is a great twist in the perfume. It begins with the citrusy feel of yuzu which blends away into the yummy stuff.
It is perfect for winter, something that is sweet, cosy and very easy to love!


LOUISE
Amber, Benzoin, Lavender, Maple Syrup, Opium, Pumpkin


First sniff, smells undeniably of Hallooween! It reminds me of an Autumn evening in the countryside. Cool night, dry leaves all around, fresh harvest everywhere, dying bonfire with smoke reaching the sky, sipping a harvest drink. If I'd give this a colour, it would be orange, the colour of the setting sun, the fire, the pumpkins!


The scent is a metaphorical translation of all the above. Pumpkin candied in maple syrup is what hits my nose first. So warm and juicy, almost boozy! Opium, amber and benzoin are so beautiful together. This has actually inspired me to make an Opium based perfume of my own. I love Louise, reminds me very much of the fall.


This scent is perfect for those chilly winter evenings. Absolute comfort!

9 comments:

  1. Emily sounds absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle that 'Emily' sounds nice~ I love the smell of coconut~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily sounds good enough to eat lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Emily and Louise, too! I haven't given them a proper test run yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily sounds like a winner :) It is delish!
    Larie, I am sure you'll love them! Can't wait to read your thoughts about them :)
    Ki, they are all really beautiful scents. You'll be hooked on Sweet Anthem for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise sounds amazing!!! Must check this perfumer out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drooling over all three. They all sound beautiful. Would love to hear more on how your opium perfume turned up. Lovely post.
    My latest post:
    http://pandorasssbox.blogspot.com/2011/08/krizmah-designer-bags-with-conscience.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jade, Louise is so Halloweeny! Do check out the store :)

    @Pandora, I have get some Opium oil to work with first. Can't wait :)
    Google Reader is doing funny things, I couldn't see your post on there, I am off to check out now :)

    ReplyDelete