Monday, September 12, 2011

Haus of Gloi Autumn: Ghost Puffs, Pixie Sorcerer, Pumpkin Eater, Old Cider Haus and Licorice Chew


Ghost Puffs 
Buttery popcorn and marshmallow goo orbs, presented on a wooden stick.

It is buttery and sweet, something like butterscotch cookies or a rich caramel sauce! Creamy, buttery, gooey caramel which dries down to a sweet syrup but tones down a lot on my skin. Makes me hungry for sure!


Pixie Sorcerer 
They look cute, but beware! Deceptive pomegranate candy floss, beneath that a spiteful blend of coffee co2, vetiver and myrrh.

The most interesting of all the scents! Sniffing directly from the applicator, the candy floss hits my nose, laced with a bitter sweet pomegranate. It immediately morphs into sweet coffee and leaves a long trail of vetiver behind. On the skin, it smells of sweet vetiver and myrrh. I find it interesting and unusual because I have never sniffed vetiver which is sweet. The combination of vetiver and coffee as in Bond No 9 New Harlem and Thierry Mugler A*men Pure Coffee is not really sweet and they aim at fresh coffee/masculine scents. But Pixie Sorcerer is a candied vetiver with hints of coffee, beautiful combination and makes you want to keep sniffing and admiring at it.


Pumpkin Eater
Cream, glowing pumpkin, rich vanilla bean and the tiniest touch of nutmeg butter.

Oh, a very nice pumpkin scent! This may be the best pumpkin scent I have smelt without being overwhelmed by the sweetness or spiciness. Inedible, aromatic pumpkin which becomes soft and creamy on the skin. I wouldn't regret getting a full bottle of this. It is a beauty.


Olde Cider Haus 
Old oak, sweet drying hay fields, crushed apple pulp and vanilla bean husks.

Yummy, juicy, ripe apples! You can almost taste the juiciness! The ripe apples remain fresh and don't turn boozy. Apples are combined with oak, something bland and dry. I am total wine noob, so I can't really tell a good wine. But whenever I taste any wine, I always get the woody aftertaste from the wine being aged in the oak barrel for a long time. Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes I like it. I can smell the oak barrel dry/woodyness in Old Cider Haus. It is like the cider has matured in an oak cask. I like it!


Candy Bowl: Licorice Chew
A warm caramel flavored with anise seed

I heart liquorice. Absolutely love the taste of liquorice and love the smell of liquorice in perfumes. That is why I bought a full bottle from the Candy Bowl. You can't get samples of Candy Bowl due to limited quanities, have to buy a full bottle.

Licorice Chew is a nice and soft liquorice perfume. It is exactly like Vice with a hint of liquorice. Vice is the best chocolate coffee scent I have ever smelt. Licorice Chew is softened Vice with anise note. But I wish I had gotten more liquorice from it because I looking forward to smelling the intensity of the anise note. My favourite liquorice scent will still remain Ayala Moriel Black Licorice. 
Licorice Chew is nice. If you like Vice, you must try it. It is a nice twist. If you like a mild liquorice scent, you must try it!

This ends all my reviews for Haus of Gloi Autumn perfumes. It was fun sniffing and writing up about all the fabulous perfumes. I hope someone finds it useful!

11 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Eater sounds yummy :D Your perfume reviews are always useful! I still have so many Flourish ones to test, though, I can't even think of buying more smellies :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Larie! I usually never finish reviewing nice smellies I buy, but this is a start and feels good :D
    Looking forward to the Flourish reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm <3 wishing I got ghost puffs, Haus of Gloi owns me now, their scents are so addictive <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Jade, true! Haus of Gloi is so addictive :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these descriptions is making my mouth water :) I always wished that the coffee note in TM's Amen pure coffee was a bit sweeter like vanilla latte.I guess it's kind of like that in Pixie Sorcerer but with vetiver. I really like the smell of vetiver or khas as we call it in urdu.I remember a friend's grandmother had khas stitched at the back of her chick (a handmade window blind)and every evening in summers she had it sprinkled with a water and the breeze blown in through the chick had this faint sweet, earthy scent to it. Thank you for your wonderful descriptions. Your reviews are ALWAYS useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pandora, your comment took me down the memory lane! I have spent one too many summers, fanning myself with a little fan made with vetiver soaked in water (called Lavancha in South India). We also used to add a few strands of vetiver to water bottles and keep it in the fridge, water smelt heavenly and fresh! Ah, I miss those times :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review, Pumpkin Eater & Ghost Puffs sound delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm torn. Pixie Sorcerer doesn't sound like something I'd like... and yet I'm still tempted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sugarpuffish, yeah, they are delicious! Especially, Pumpkin Eater.

    VijiiS, some perfumes are just for the whimsy! Who knows, you may end up liking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pixie Sourerer sounds really interesting. I wonder how well pomegranate and coffee go together~ =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pixie Sorcerer is very interesting! I wondered the same thing too, surprisingly, they are great together :)

    ReplyDelete