Friday, October 21, 2011

I baked Pao de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread

I baked Pao de Queijo yesterday! I am a terrible cook and baking anything is so out of my league. As a part of my "Things to do before 30" I have been trying things I wanted to do for a long time. Most of it includes brushing up on my Astronomy skills, learning Quantum Physics (properly and systematically this time), growing my nails and food wise, baking and trying to learn new cuisines! Something what Frasier might have done, only I'm keeping it real and not writing my obituary.
Pao de Queijo, also known as Brazilian cheese bread! I tasted Brazilian food for the first time a few weeks ago with my friend Stacey. Until then I hadn't even thought that Brazil had a cuisine! I really enjoyed it and thought I'd try my hand at what looked simple enough to bake. Pao de Queijo.

I followed this recipe, but used Colby cheese instead of Parmesan coz that was what I had at home. I used gluten free flour (which is tapioca based along with rice and potato starch) instead of tapioca flour.
melting cheese in milk
Mess, just the way I like!


It turned out well, not so fluffy and round, but really delish. We are it with Tabasco sauce.

6 comments:

  1. looks delish!! congrats on achieving on of your "bucket list" goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just starting with all those goals :) Hope I get somewhere at the end of it. Lots of time to go still :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good Su. I can cook but I am a lazy cook I hate all the prep

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah! So you ARE a good cook after all if you can bake bread! I can't even make a roti or parantha properly :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so modest :)This looks utterly delicious.Anyone who can bake their own bread is right up there with Julia Child in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I am the same! Too lazy :)

    Ki, tell me about it, I usually buy all the ready made chapatis and paratas. i made some paratas today after like a year or so!

    Pandora, far from it, you are too kind :)

    ReplyDelete