Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Natio Meditate Natural Perfume: Champa Attar

I quite like Natio makeup and skincare, the blushes and lipsticks are amazing and cheap. I'm not sure if these perfume oils are new or have been around for a while, but I only spotted them at the pharmacy a week ago. The Meditate range of perfume oils looks good, they come in 6 different fragrances (Bakhur, Champa, Blue Lotus, Pink Lotus, Khus, Jasmine). They are all natural essential oil blends. I picked up the Champa one, based on the Champaca flower, which I absolutely love to smell in fragrances.
Natio Mediate Natural Perfume oil display at pharmacy
Champa Attar: It is a soliflore of Champaca, basically a blend of the essential oil of Chapamca in Jojoba oil/Wheatgerm oil. It smells truly and wonderfully of the real flower, dense, heady, powdery, sweet and just mind blowing! It begins off with a great intensity of the essential oil, almost headachy, then fades away into mildness and disappears into nothingness after just a few hours. I wish I could make it last in the mild stage which captures the true beauty of the flower without being too overwhelming. Champaca absolute is very expensive (about $150 for just 5 mls) and may be used in very small quantities in this blend. The lasting power (or the absence of it) must have something to do with the weakness of the blend or the lack of a fixative or it maybe just my skin, I don't know.


It costs $9.95 (cost of 2 coffees, winner!) which was the reason why I bought it. Comes in a roll-on amber coloured, plastic bottle with 12mls in it. Unbeatable price, unbeatable smell, the truest champaca I have smelt due to the use of the essential oil but the staying power is a pity. Natio also has a range of body washes/lotions/butters in the Meditate range. I might buy them if I find them on sale somewhere. 

20 comments:

  1. It sounds gorgeous<3 The price is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, price is just so good, I couldn't resist buying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are so knowledgeable about flowers and scents, Su - I always learn things when I read your blog :D It is so depressing when fabulous scents don't last, though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love champa.We have a champa tree at the bottom of the garden,The flowers are not as huge as of those which thrive in tropical conditions, but they are big enough.If you go early mornings, for a stroll you can hear the faint thump thump of the heavy flowers falling from the tree. They do smell gorgeous. I also fill a bath with champa flowers and wade in it for an hour.Best cure for PMS in my books:)
    The other oils sound good too.My mom burns bakhur every morning that she buys from Iran, would be interesting to smell it in a perfume oil. Is khus poppy seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely! Love your new background, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound good! I've been looking at natural perfumes but they're so expensive and I rarely wear perfume so I only need something small like this. I'll have to check these out and see which scent suits me. They sound great for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larie, thank you! But I'm no expert, need to familiarise my self with so many notes, so little time :)

    Pandora, how lucky you have a tree! That bath sounds just heavenly! Khus is vetiver. It also smells good! I should go back and smell the Bhakur one, it mostly smelt of rose from memory.

    Michelle, thanks :) Flowers are for the spring!

    MissTeaAddict, they are definitely worth a try. Do check them out, you'll surely find the one you like! The Pink Lotus is so fresh and sweet and the Blue Lotus smells of water lilies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooo I have to get onto this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that Natio has their own range of perfume oils! They look absolutely divine! Thank you for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I admit I was clueless what Champaca flower was but Wiki is telling me Plumeria, if that's the case I can now imagine the smell, although my only experience is from my travels in US.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Disturbed Style, glad you do!
    Tea, do try them :)
    Rose, I don't know if they are new. First time I'm coming across them too!
    Sarah, I think Plumeria is frangipani. Champaca is a kind of Magnolia :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This perfume oil sounds lovely! I would love to wear it when I go for my yoga class :) I have never seen this brand around......where can I find them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Harshleen, Natio is an Australian pharmacy brand. Not sure if they are in the US. Here is the website link to the oils http://www.natio.com.au/meditate/meditate-natural-perfumes.html

    I think they ship international but don't know about the shipping rates. Hope they are not too high, would not make it worth the purchase! You could buy essential oils and blend your own instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shame this doesn't last on the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went looking for these a few days ago but neither Myer, Chemists or Priceline had the perfume oils (Priceline even removed all of their Natio products). I sniffed out the matching body butters though and bought the Blue Lotus one. I might need to buy the Blue Lotus perfume oil online since I can't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Viji, I wish it lasted too!

    MissTeaAddict, what a shame, they removed Natio from Priceline :( I'm glad you got the body butter though. I got the perfume oil at Harrison's Pharmacy in Broadway shopping centre in Glebe/Ultimo.
    http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Harrisons-Pharmacy-Broadway

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so interesting, I didn't know Natio had these out at all. I have been getting into scents more than ever this month, so happy to be reading your blog and learning from you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Emma, can't wait to read all about your scent adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck!.. Alexandra De Markoff

    ReplyDelete