Monday, October 17, 2011

Sweet Anthem Reviews: Rebecca and Sophie

Where were these hiding?!! The last two of my Sweet Anthem samples, part 3 of Sweet Anthem reviews.
and
Sweet Anthem is having a Grand Opening Party of their new store in Seattle. I wish I could go!
Rebecca and oil stained label of Sophie!
REBECCA A perfectly ghostly way to go... the deepest black oud and smoke, mulled with a harvest blend of honey and amber, and livened with ginger and cranberry. Candied pears, Texas flowers, and late summer blooms are strewn throughout.

Rebecca is a fruity Oud. In the bottle, all I smell is honey and amber, light and sweet. Then emerges the oud, in the strength that makes me want to smell it more. The oud note smells exactly like the Black Agar base blend that I have from Perfumer's Apprentice, only made better and 'perfume-y' still preserving the complexity. It wears beautifully. Oud is complimented by sweetness which goes well with the depth. The sweetness is short lived but still gracefully present in till the end. Drydown is all oud on me with hints of sweet amber. How I love it! 

SOPHIE For the last of the red hot dames. A veritable pastiche of plummy, deep fruit, smoky blossoms, and expensive woods with a golden crown of amber on the dry down.  Agarwood, Amber, Benzoin, Black Currant, Black Tea, Neroli

From the opening till the end, Sophie is all about Neroli. It is green, fresh and invigorating! Neroli becomes more floral as it develops on the skin. It must be the tea that makes it fresher and a little bitter. I can't differentiate any of the other notes. I think it is a good thing as the other things would have weighed it down. Sophie is a so fresh and green that it feels like fresh spring air. It is a clean orange blossom scent. Perfect for hotter months and smells quite unisex. 

Now that I'm done reviewing the samples, time to plunge in and order full sizes. I am surely including Anastasia, Rebecca and something else that I'm forgetting. Will have to look through and decide!

7 comments:

  1. Su, I think I will send my sample of Rebecca along to you when the swap goes back to you - it doesn't work on me at all, and I don't want it languishing here, haha. Haven't gotten Ki's package yet, but I'm so excited! I couldn't go to the SA party because we've been sick; I didn't want to spread germs, and well, I couldn't smell anything, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larie, thank you! I'd love that! Take your time to test and to find faves before you send the swap :)
    Oh shame that you guys are sick :( But lucky you live in the vicinity, you can pop by anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They paint such pretty pictures with their perfume descriptions.Both of these sound lovely.Enjoy your full sized gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another enjoyable read to accompany my breakfast thanks Su :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pandora, I can't wait to get my hands on some full sizes :)

    Sugarpuffish, glad you like! Always good to know someone reads what I write :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The key notes in these perfumes sound absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These fragrances sound so beautiful! Thankyou Su for the fragrant inspiration:)

    K x

    ReplyDelete