Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thierry Mugler: Alien Body Lotion

Thierry Mugler's Alien: What can I say about Alien that hasn't been said before? Alien is rightly named so. It is an other-worldly jasmine. Jasmine is somewhat cold, shrill but something about it makes me want it more. This brassy beginning has a wonderful dry down of lush feminine floral woods. From my point of view, it is an 'in your face' floral with a wow factor. This is something I normally like, but it is bit too much for me, mind numbingly so. 
How very Alien-like is this gorgeous bottle!
The words "Alien" inscribed like some space language, with the mirror image.
I recently picked up a bottle of body lotion from a run down perfume auction store for a meagre 15 bucks. Catch! Since the way Alien begins kind of blows my nose away, I thought trying a body lotion would be a tamed down version of the perfume. I was right. The body lotion has the strength of the jasmine minus the harshness. It wears really well, to the point that at some point during the day I keep wondering what gorgeous perfume I'm smelling. It has all the essence of Alien with amplified femininity and sophistication. 


The body lotion is called Voile Porridge, which is a really weird use of the term porridge because it doesn't have that consistency or texture. It is called Prodige: "extraordinarily wonderful" thing! (Thanks Lana). Well, it is a body lotion and applies that way. Light yet nourishing. It is lilac colour, like a lighter colour of the bottle. The bottle is shaped like Alien's perfume bottle only it is plastic and the two claws on the side. The bottle opens at the bottom, which is very handy, to get every last drop out. The scent is long lasting, which is a plus.

I'm glad I picked this up because it is Alien in a nicely bearable form. It has made me like Alien much more.

10 comments:

  1. This is not a fragrance I am familiar with, I'm a bit undecided about Jasmine I either like it or hate it. Moving off the topic of perfume a cup of green tea & jasmine is a nice combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugarpuffish, jasmine is one such "love it or hate it" note, more so with Alien. I like jasmine tea too, so calming. I recently tried Jasmine ice cream! It was heavenly :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmine is my favorite smell ever. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jasmine is one of my top favorite scents! You got a great deal on this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love this review - like am hearing myself too a bit :) [of course only because i know Thierry Mugler :D] wikid bottle and engraving i must say :D

    I loved Alien on my friend but couldnt get myself to wear it. But got hooked on to Angel (i believe its a cult too?) Basically like TM scents... ok those were my perfume days though.

    maybe this lotion like u say is what i'd want esp since its jasmine!!!!
    but 15 bucks?! am sure i am not good at finding such deals sigh :((

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vijii and Harshleen, I heart jasmine too. I think it comes from growing up with a lot of it around :)

    Gaea, Thank you! I like Angel too. TM make such statement fragrances! Alien is all about Jasmine but there is some kind of a chemical twist to it, that just gets you hooked :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post as always. Missed reading your posts.Just came back from Iran. Time to catch up on all my fav blogs. Alien by itself I find quite intoxicating. I'm sure its great in this lotion form.Do try Alien sunessence from this year or 2010.It's subtle on the jasmine and quite pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pandora, I can't remember how Sunessence smells. I'll be trying it soon :)

      Delete
  8. Wat a wonderful review!
    I was thinking about bying this bodylotion (LOVE the perfume itself too), but I wasn't really sure yet and you convinced me.
    Are you sure the lotion is called Voile Porridge though?
    Because on the site I'm bying it from it's called Prodige, which is French for "wonderful" or "extraordinairy" or "out of this world", which, considering the name "Alien" seems quite fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, thank you for pointing out! I must be blind because 'Prodige' is what it says after all. I'm going to cross that off now and learn some French :)
      x

      Delete