Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Smell Bent: Gelty Pleasures

The world can be divided into two kinds of people, the kind who love chocolate and the second kind, crazy people. If you are not crazy, you are most likely a lover of chocolate perfumes too. The catch with chocolate perfumes is that the more literal you get with chocolate perfumes, the more unwearable they become. It depends on what the chocolate is combined with. Complementing foody notes make it too literal which could become too heavy and cloying or combined with perfume-y notes in which the chocolatey goodness gets lost more often than not. Meet Gelty Pleasures, the perfect chocolate perfume!

Gelty Pleasures is a simple combination of chocolate and amber accord. Smelling directly from the bottle, all I get is chocolate. Chocolate is smooth, rich and absolutely delicious. It is like melted milk chocolate in a bottle, yummy stuff! It is the smell you get when you enter a chocolate shop, like Max Brenner's! On my skin, it is prominently chocolate. As the components of the amber accord start to emerge, it becomes a 'perfume-y' chocolate. Still rich and delicious but very wearable. Amber and chocolate are combined so well that they not only go well together but they bring out the best in each other. Perfect marriage! Amber accord generally is a combination of various beautiful substances. The particular amber accord used has a cosy vanilla and what I smell as Musk and Tonka Bean. The amber (mostly vanilla and tonka) gives a beautiful warmth and a toasty feeling to the chocolate. It is so comforting, at the same time, there is a kind of sexiness in it. The dry down is chocolate-y warm sexy feeling, to die for!

I received the bottle from lovely Michelle with the loveliest message because she is such a beautiful person! If you haven't checked her blog out yet, please do, she is great. I'm so glad I could get my hands on this bottle because it is a limited edition for Hanukkah 2009 from Smell Bent (note the menorah on the label of the bottle, is it trying to light itself?!) Smell Bent is a great perfume company that has the funniest concepts and images to go with the beautiful perfumes. Can you imagine how an Exquisite Corpse or a Horny Little Devil would smell like?

13 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! I love gourmand fragrances, so sad I won't be able to get my paws on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a closer one with chocolate note from Smell Bent would be Hungry Hungry Hippies :) I haven't tried it but heard it is nice!

      Delete
  2. Smell Bent hahahaha Am I the only one amused by that?

    I suppose I'm not a crazy person then because I LOOOOOOVE chocolate scents! So nice of Michelle to send that to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, Smell Bent has funniest names themes and really good fragrances! Michelle is a sweetheart :)

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of Smell Bent. Damn it, now I have to go and check them out. Grr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, please do! They have some nice, modern fragrances with concepts that will make you laugh!

      Delete
  4. Omg this sounds yummy! :D I've checked smell bent out before, but never ordered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ordered from Smell Bent either. They have sales and 3 for 2 deals sometimes, the best time to try :)

      Delete
  5. I have heard so much about smell bent. Love the quirky names for their perfume oils. This sure does sound yummy. Sounds like a sure cure for Pre menstrual chocolate cravings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, for sure! Chocolate can cure anything :)

      Delete
  6. Haha, I suppose I'm a crazy person, then :P

    I've checked out Smellbent, too - I want the lobster perfume! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larie, well, you may be LOL I like chocolate but I can't eat more that a bite. Same goes with all sweets for that matter. That makes me a bit crazy too :D
      I have the Lobster perfume, will add to the list of items to send to you :)

      Delete
  7. I'm a sucker for a choc scent, might have to investigate ^^

    ReplyDelete