Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Random Smell Love

Smell is a smell, be it in a perfume or elsewhere. If you are someone who flips and sniffs a shampoo, conditioner or body lotion before buying at the supermarket or pharmacy, you'll know what exactly I am talking about, random smells that you find in unlikely places or products of everyday use. Here are five such products that I am loving right now for how good they smell.


Akin PureMAN Face Wash: The husband is using it because he is quite the sensitive one to 'chemicals' and loving the face wash. I just can't get enough of the smell. It smells like orange rind, cinnamon and vanilla, like Christmas pudding with the bitter sweet orange peel, just yummy!

David Babaii Fibres Holding Paste: I got this to define my curls. I don't get the concept of fibres in it but it does work pretty well. Importantly it smells of Strawberries. Very similar to Montale Mukhallat which I absolutely detest. Strawberries in David Babaii are not rotting ones in sweet sugar syrup laced with cheap incense like Montale Mukhallat but they are sweet strawberries with mild incense. The two smell so much alike that if you are wearing (or should I say like wearing) Mukhallat, you can 'layer' it with David Babaii holding paste by perfuming your hair, while saving $100+!

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm: I am not too keen on lip balms but cold and dry weather forces me to use them. I am quite enjoying the Burt's Bees Lip Balm. It is soothing, moisturising, nourishing and all that plus it smells so good. Beautiful honey with delicate floral scent (I want to say Mimosa). Love! I am using it just for how good it smells. My lips thank me.

Molton Brown Pure Milk Soap: I like Molton Brown products. How nice is the Black Pepper body wash?! If they weren't as expensive, I would use only this brand. This little soap is one of those hotel soaps, from a very fancy hotel of course. Pure Milk soap is so good for dryness, so moisturising. It smells gorgeous, not soapy but like perfumed creamy milk!

Fudge Colour Removing Wipes: Okay, now this is an example of finding good smells in unusual places. Being an avid DIY hair colourer and having used so many of these wipes and lotions, I expected an alcoholic pungency to the wipes. Surprise surprise, it smells like almonds! I don't know who came up with adding an almond fragrance to alcohol based product. Bizarre but it is working and I like using it!

So, to the flippers and sniffers out there, is there any particular good smelling product that you are enjoying right now? 

10 comments:

  1. You don't like lip balm? Blasphemy, Su! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL A bit maybe :D Gimme lipstick any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the Burt's Bees smell :D I love the smell of milk and honey, especially in that balm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love anything honey! Burt's Bees lip balm is perfection, yum :)

      Delete
  4. I may have to get my man that Akin wash, my favourite smells are cinnamon and vanilla :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is liking it :) Though he didn't like the matching moisturiser, it made him sweat through I suppose! Totally get it for your man :)

      Delete
  5. Hm, I don't think I have any wonderfully scented body products right now, besides perfume. I need some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Larie, looks like you need some nice smelling lotions and potions! :)

      Delete
  6. Mmm I rather enjoyed the smell of the MooGoo shampoo I used this morning, a soft milk/honey type smell :) also loving the smell of my Antipodes face serum, smells like berries mmm yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found that Burt's Bees lip balm on a clearance shelf at my grocery store, in a sampler pack of hand/feet products...for like $3.50. Couldn't believe my luck! That lip balm smells fantastic, almost perfume-y. It really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete