Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Smells Like Breakfast

Two yummy perfume oils that smell like the most delicious breakfast that you can ever eat!


Haus Of Gloi: Red Roan
"Fresh strawberry flecked porridge with maple syrup and adulterated with a splash of white cognac."
Oh yes! This smells like porridge with strawberries. Maple syrup is a bit strong at first but softens down to a sweetness that is just right. The strawberries are ripe and sweet. It is like the strawberries are generously coated in maple syrup! I do not get any cognac. It smells so amazing, like a perfect bowl of oat porridge!
Red Roan was released as a limited edition for Halloween 2011.


An unnamed sample which reads "Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Perfume Oil"
What?! I don't know from which perfume oil company it is! Must be something that Dee generously sent me, or was it Larie or Ki or Michelle? Oh, the pleasure of having too many perfume loving friends!
Anyway, this one smells like almonds and soft milky honey. Almonds are so aromatic (like benzaldehyde) but so soft and so beautiful. Milky honey is just yummy! This is the kind of breakfast that I can eat everyday for the rest of my life!


EDIT: The unnamed sample was indeed sent by Dee. It is from Lemon Citrus on Etsy. Thanks Dee!

15 comments:

  1. Ahaha! I don't know about that Oatmeal, Milk & Honey one...I don't think that's one that passed through my hands, so perhaps someone else! Red Roan did smell like breakfast to me, but I didn't want to smell like that particular kind of breakfast, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, must be someone else then!
      LOL Yeah, Red Roan smells quite literal, would not really be the best smelling thing if you aren't a fan :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I have Red Roan and love it especially on gloomy cold days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these sound lovely, I never would have thought about breakfast themed fragrance, strawberries and maple syrup sounds good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it is great idea for fragrances. I would love to smell like breakfast all day :)

      Delete
  4. Nope, wasn't me either, if I had that perfume, I wouldn't have given it up, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sure thing! It was Dee :) About to edit the post with more info!

      Delete
  5. Red Roan sounds so nice! I like the idea of breakfast scents, it makes me smile when I sniff it so makes sense to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea too! I think they should come up with cocopops or Milo cereal. I will be all over that one :D

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, the oatmeal, milk and honey sounds FANTASTIC. I haven't felt a lemming in a long time but now feel a stirring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is well worth the lemming and not too expensive either! You should try:)

      Delete
    2. Maybe in the fall if I've been good over the summer. :)

      Delete