Tuesday, May 15, 2012

BPAL: Smut

Smut 2012
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Limited Edition for Lupercalia (Valentine's Day) 
Re-released every year. 

"What a great freakin' word. BPAL LOVES TEH SMUT! Three swarthy, smutty musks sweetened with sugar and woozy with dark booze notes."


ME LOVES TEH SMUT TOO! Yeah, smutty, sexy, boozy and all that. Smut was a blind buy with my Lupercalia order because I love BPAL's musk notes and mostly because when BPAL says it is Smutty, it usually is. Glad I did. Smut is one such fragrances that develops dramatically and I it perceive in phases.

The Iffy Phase: When I first sniffed Smut, I was sure I was going to hate it. First sniff from the bottle, it smells syrupy. Reminds me of the sweet cherry liqueur Bite Me which didn't work for me. Sniffing carefully from the bottle, it smells of very sweet booze with hints of cherry liqueur and very faint hints of almond liqueur. Not so syrupy, not so bad.

The Love Phase: When it touches my skin, magic! The syrupy booze is incense laden which makes me think of Snake Oil. It is very boozy but both the cherry/almond liqueurs merge and I can't detect anything particular, just a boozy smell that is being obscured by the emerging incense. The musk starts to show in about 5 minutes are so.

The Headache Phase: I love BPAL's musks. The red musk note is gorgeous! One of the musk blends I love is Enraged Orangutan Musk, a blend of 5 kinds of musk is awesome. It has a phase somewhere which gives me a headache. I wish I could tell each musk apart but I just cant. I think Smut has a similar musk. Smut also gives me a transient headache, nothing too serious and passes once the fragrance progresses into the dry down.

The Smutty Phase: The dry down of Smut is to die for! It takes about an hour to come to the smutty part. A beautiful sweet musk with hints of booze and incense. The musk is a sweet floral with a clean (fresh skin musk) aspect to it. The toned down booze adds to the smuttiness. Beyond gorgeous!

I feel absolutely sexy when I wear Smut. The musk and booze make it deep, dark and somewhat luxurious in an intense kind of way. It is in-your-face sexy but in a comfortable way. I can so pull it off! You would think my man would go crazy when I wear it. But it turns out he thinks it is 'too much perfume'. Well, what does he know! Smut is gorgeously SMUTTY!

6 comments:

  1. You do manage to find some amazing sounding perfumes, the name is so funny, as always I enjoyed reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I sure do! Smut is one of the best sellers actually :)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha. What does he know, indeed! I find it amusing that that happens sometimes - perfumes that make me feel awesome get a lukewarm response from S. Although it did get me thinking: part of the attraction between people must arise from the way they smell (subconsciously or not); does this extend to sharing a preference for perfumes and such? I guess not! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Larie! If I start wearing perfume to impress him, wonder what I'll be stuck with! I'm thinking No 5 since he gave that as a gift. He is not attracted to the smell but he just knows the smell. I am yet to find a perfume to seduce him per se :D

      Delete
  3. This sounds so good. Always keen to try a musky slapper of a scent, and I loved Enraged Orangutan. Think I'll chuck it in with my next BPAL order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is a slapper for sure! Enraged Oragutan is nice isn't it?! Kind of like wild musk. You do need to wait till Valentine's day to get Smut, it is LE but re released every year :)

      Delete