Okay, finally my full bottle inventory! After seeing all my full bottles in one place, I have some thoughts.
1. I don't have a lot of perfumes. No, I am not deluded! Paradox, huh? I may not have a lot but I think I have enough. Counted: 29 full bottles, 34 miniatures, 52 perfume oil bottles and about 100 samples, I think I have enough to smell for a lifetime.
2. I am enthused as ever to try new things but not keen to accumulate more.
3. I will not be getting any more full bottles. I don't have the space for them and they are not transport-friendly. I will try my best to let go of all those perfumes that I don't care for. That is minus 10 bottles.
4. I prefer to cherish what I love and let someone who appreciates, have the ones I don't. I will not use up the perfumes I love, just for the sake of finishing them. I don't think I can do it. Who knows, I may not be able to afford my favourite bottle again.
5. I'd rather expand my perfume oil collection than mainstream/niche brands. It is just that I enjoy those more.
6. I don't own anything flash, mostly prestige/masstige brands, some luxury and a couple of niche. I do like most of them irrespective of what kind they are.
A general observation, which also reflects my taste in perfumes is that most of the perfumes I own and love are big/huge perfumes, ambers, vanillas and spices being the common notes in my favourites.
(Here are photos of my Perfume Oil Inventory and here, my Miniature Perfume Inventory. Thanks to Dee and Liz for the Inventory idea)
Chanel Nº5 and Guerlain Shalimar. I love both. Shalimar is stunning and my love forever, nothing beats it when layered with BPAL's Snake Oil. Nº5 is really soft and elegant on me. It is not really 'me' but I do like to wear it.
Perfumes I like:
Tom Ford Back Orchid: Really like this. It has the right amount of heaviness and sexiness.
Bvlgari Omnia: A beautiful spicy perfume, kind of light but good. Reviewed here.
Badgley Mischka: Oh, ripe fruits and mashed flowers, in your face and wow! Reviewed here.
Avon Chrstian Lacroix Absynthe: Nice enough but doesn't stay long on my skin.
L'Occitane Labdanum De Seville: OMG, heaven! Love anything with Labdanum and this is Amber/Labdanum galore!
Agent Provocateur Strip: Amazing amber perfume. Reviewed here.
Bottega Veneta: Classy, soft, leather/suede perfume that smells like 'lady who lunches'. Love the bottle, it has a patterned frost at the bottom and a tassle like leather band with a little butterfly detail on it!
Mont Blanc Presence: I have the most precious memories associated with this. It takes me to the time when I was newly wed with lovey dovey eyes, punting away in Cambridge.
The most unusual bottle I own, Ame Toscane by Isabel Derroisne: It is shaped like a very sexy looking woman's body. Most human part shaped bottles freak me out, especially the heads (Anna Sui Dolly Girl) and decapitated, limbless torsos (Jean Paul Gaultier) but I like this one. It smells like powdery florals, delicate and elegant.
La Prairie Life Threads Gold: This is one of those great looking bottle with average juice. I bought it for the bottle's sake, love the construction, especially love the gold threads woven around the bottle. It is a huge floral with a punch of well, everything to it! It is a bit messy and harsh but wearable.
The Body Shop White Musk Libertine: Powdery skin musk with hints of Rahaat Loukhoum. Lovely, quiet and well made perfume. Passed on the bottle to my sister in law who seemed to like it as soon as she smelt it.
Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy Reviewed here. Almost empty now and I will surely replace the bottle, not right now though.
Provence et Natural Lavender and Amber: Reviewed here
Bond No 9 West Broadway: Reviewed here. Love it. The most amazing summer scent with cool incense, fresh lilies and a bit of musk. But is it worth the price tag?
Bond No 9 Fashion Avenue: What a waste of money! I could have bought many bottles of Ylang Ylang EO for the same price and smell the same.
Etat Libre D'Orange: Don't Get Me Wrong Baby (.....I Don't Swallow) Reviewed here. Gimmicky name for an average floral. There is nothing naughty about it. I wish it was as interesting as the name.
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh: Reviewed here
Jessica Simpson Fancy: Reviewed here
Viva La Juicy: I liked it at first but I seem to have gotten bored with it. Of late it smells like sugary water with nothing and smells like nothing on me.
The ones which I don't really care for:
Burberry Touch, Lanvin Rumeur, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Yardley Honeysuckle, Charlie Red
Tabu: Reviewed here
Aquolina Chocolovers: Reviewed here
Vera Wand Princess: I can't even bring myself to open the bottle. I have tested it at the shops various times and don't really like it.