Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bye Bye Australia!

Time to say goodbye to Australia, where I lived for 6 years and say hello to a new life. I am moving to the United Kingdom to pursue the future of my family and career. Apart from the physical and mental exhaustion of packing and moving, I am a mess of emotions right now. This is exactly how I felt when I moved here and I can't say that everything has turned out perfectly well. I have my regrets and disappointments but overall, I am going away with great memories of Australia. It was a great adventure and I like to see it as a six year long (forced?!) holiday.

I've done things that I never imagined I would, like writing this blog. I have surprised myself by making so many great friends. I am so happy to have known some lovely people (you know who you are). Thank you!

This is the 8th time I am moving in 7 years. It is too much for someone like who loves stability, scared of change, lazy to start fresh. I have this immense feeling of nostalgia where I want the time to freeze in 1988 and that quote in Midnight In Paris is starting to make sense.

I am leaving the future of this blog in a limbo. There will be a hiatus but I am not sure whether to continue with it or not. I will still love perfume and makeup even if I don't write about them. I'll still be tweeting, with time and internet constraints. https://twitter.com/Su___1

Till next time, Tata!

32 comments:

  1. Do you think Australia is Dumb, Drunk and Racist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not experienced anything like that personally.

      Delete
  2. All the best with the move Su! I am sure you will grow to love the UK as much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I hope that you still blog, even if posts are rare. I love your perfume reviews and general writing style. I hope your move makes you happy and that is is stress free for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :) I'll try my best to keep up but I don't think I am feeling it right now. I hope I do soon :)

      Delete
  4. Best wishes for your big move.I'm sure you'll do fine. A person as nice as you will have no problem settling in and making new friends. Imagine all the yummy desi food readily available almost everywhere in the UK :)Oh please don't stop writing this blog. Your reviews are the best and you have such a gift for describing scents. Here is to hoping! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :) Yup, I won't miss home as much, that is for sure!
      Hope I get inspired enough to st,art blogging again :)

      Delete
  5. I second all the requests not to stop writing this blog - you have a real skill. However, I understand that blogging often has to come second to well, everything else so will know that if you arent blogging life must be just too good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Sarah, that is so true! Blogging is a great way to spend time and feel good. Remember our convo? Exactly! But I'll surely try to think and write when life is good too :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your new life and all the best for the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with the move. I hope to see you blogging again. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noooooooooooo! You better keep writing about perfume, think of the availability of indie brands in the UK :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is tempting, so is UK retail! I am so excited about all the new perfumes and cheap makeup :D

      Delete
  9. Good luck Su! Do whatever feels best for you (though I hope that involves coming back!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck, Su! Keep your chin up, everything will always turn out wonderfully. I do hope to see you on Twitter more frequently, even if you don't keep up this blog. You're the perfume pro ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL for the perfume pro thing :D Thank you! So far so good :)

      Delete
  11. I knew you were moving but didn't know why. Good luck to you, Su! I think the fact that you keep moving in search of happiness despite love of stability says much of your courage and perseverance. Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is the nicest thing to say! Thank you, you will see me around :)

      Delete
  12. Hope everything goes well Su! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, you would love it here!!!
    There are plenty of cool places for perfume lovers.
    All the best

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juicy, exploring the place and loving it :)

      Delete
  14. You are missed, stay online girly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jade! I can't stay away for long :)

      Delete
  15. Most lovely Su - I've sent you an email and am definitely sad to see you go. I hope that your move to the UK goes well and will be tweeting you to hear how it's going too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jac! You are the best :)

      Delete
  16. I hope you're okay. I can't find you on FB or Twitter, and it's making me a bit worried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I amwell, thank you for thinking of me :) Sent you an email.

      Delete