Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Darling Clandestine Bitsy Vials: Part 1

Darling Clandestine is a cool and fun Etsy store that has some really unique perfumes. Ever since Michelle introduced me to the store, I have been lusting over the gorgeous perfumes. Finally I made up my mind and placed an order for 5 Bitsy Vials. I love how cute these Bitsy Vials are! These little 5 ml bottles of perfume come in a set of 3 or 5 and you can choose the scents you like. 5 Bitsy vials cost $22 USD which is great value for money. The sample vials, which lovely Yvonne sent out as freebies with my order are both generous and have a quirky ticket label with the name of the perfume on the other side! Each perfume has a great story which Yvonne has written herself.

The Bitsy vials don't have names on the bottle. There is a picture on the label which corresponds to the perfume. You'll have to do a little search in the store to find out which is which and what exactly you are smelling. I won't say it is exactly a downside but I really prefer if they had the name of the perfume on the bottle. A little print on a round sticker on the top would be perfect.

 These are the perfumes I chose and there are my few thoughts.

Circassian: "Rich dark chocolate, bold black coffee, intriguing exotic florals. Feminine."
Flowers drenched in freshly brewed mocha! Yum! Begins with a blast of black, strong coffee sweetened with chocolate. Really delicious, like licking-your-wrists delicious! As I resist actually licking my wrists, which lasts for about 2 or 3 minutes, the fragrance takes a drastic turn into flowers. Not quite distinct but beautiful feminine florals. At this stage, it is not that edible but is still laced with coffee. As it dries down, the flowers are just in the background and it is all mocha with a hint of flowers. Not very sweet and not very floral, well balanced combination. Coffee and flowers is a killer combo. Fleur de Mocha, anyone? Yes, please!

Pyrotechnik: "Bursts of cantaloupe darkened with spice and intense sandalwood. Unisex to feminine."
Oooh, melons! Yeah, cantaloupe and some watermelon to go with it. Summery, fresh and juicy. Cantaloupe is so aromatic, a bit sweet and smells like a summer cocktail. The melon-dominated opening gradually fades into mildness. I really can't smell any spice at all. The sandalwood emerges, not the woody, soft sandalwood which I love. It is a very hippie shop sandalwood. Something like incense or Nag Champa. Melons and Nag Champa is an unusual combination, but a pleasant one. In the dry down, there is barely a hint of melons but the sweetness still lingers. It smells like sweet incensy sandalwood. It is a great unisex, androgynous fragrance. Totally not what I expected. I like it but it is strange!

Maudlin & Bedlam: Dark, warm honey and herbals and wood frosted unsettlingly with weeping green leaves. Unisex.
In the bitsy vial, all I smell is green cardamom. It becomes greener on the skin. Some mint comes though, not toothpaste-y mint, kind of herbal mint. The smell of fresh green leaves in it is beautiful. Honey is mild and it quietly adds tiny amount of sweetness to roundoff the herbal green leaves. It is such a light, green and such a refreshing blend. Cardamom, mint, fresh green leaves, slight sweetness. Amazing stuff!

Part 2 of reviews coming soon!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Su! This shop looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) It is a great shop, nice perfumes!

      Delete
  2. Maudlin and Bedlam could be promising ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beauty! It is fresh with just a little sweetness. I am sure you'll like it :)

      Delete
  3. Gosh Su, I want them ALL!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all really great perfumes! Gotto try, Jade :)

      Delete
  4. Uh oh... just what I need - another Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need these :D I remember you whenever I wear Whitefall, it smells like rice pudding!

      Delete
    2. I trawled all over the site after reading this post making a wishlist, but when I went to order the owner was on vacation. I think I'm going to wait til after Christmas to do any more orders as they probably won't get to me before then anyway, but this is top of the list!

      Delete
    3. Oh no! I just checked and looks like she's closed for a while. Safe to wait till after the holiday rush. I'm curious to know which ones you choose :)

      Delete