Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Darling Clandestine: Part 2


Whitefall: "Intense buttery oatmeal and sweet toasted basmati rice and tea, kicked up with a hint of horses and leather and gunsmoke and tussled-up grass. :) Unisex to feminine."
This smells very buttery in the bitsy vial. As soon as it touches my skin, it smells like porridge! Yes, porridge made of Basmati rice! It is not all that buttery or sweet but has a nice aromatic rice pudding smell. Basmati rice makes it smell feminine. The leather is there but not too animalic. It is somewhat soft, suede like and very velvety. There is a cold metallic note to go with leather which I assume is the gunsmoke. Overall, a stark combination of Basmati rice pudding with a cold metallic leather note. Very unique scent that is not really foody in the dry down. It smells like metallic leather with an aroma of Basmati rice. Wears beautifully as a feminine leather scent.

Summer's Cauldron: "Sultry, smoky, with bourbon and roses and opium and spiced orange. Very complex and heady. Unisex to feminine."
At first it smells like sour roses. Is there such a thing or should I say I smell a fruity rose? I think what I am smelling is bourbon, but it smells like macerated fruits that is at the verge of going boozy. Something like peach liqueur or orange-peel liqueur. The beginning smells like a promising 'fruity chypre', only the progression doesn't take you in that direction. The rose is still tangy and sour till all the fruitiness disappears, which takes about 5 minutes. After this it is all rose, unfortunately not the deep red fresh rose note I like. It is more of a 'perfume-y' rose. I don't get any smoke or opium either. I would have liked it if the drydown had even a tiny bit of the something else other than rose. Unfortunately, this one is not for me.

Mayfly: "Begins bright, deceptively floral, creamy, with a complex, sweet and melancholy wood finish."
I smell Sampaquita! A lush, creamy floral indeed! Jasmine sambac with some Tuberose makes it a heady floral. It is soft with the harsh edges of the white florals well trimmed. This rests on a base of green wood. It is big fragrance, like a big bouquet of exotic flowers. You'll love it if you are into white florals.

Serpentina: "Ethereal, fresh green tea with a little opium bite. Feminine."
A delightful tea scent! It is fresh and green. I also get a bit of very mild jasmine tea feel from it. It is light and delicate. Opium is gentle and not overpowering. I actually like this very much on my skin. It smells like floral tea. Very pretty!

I am impressed with Darling Clandsetine perfumes. My favourites are Circassian, Maudlin & Bedlam and Whitefall. These Bitsy vials are like a little indulgent gifts for yourself. I am really glad that I went for these because they are indeed 5 ml bottles which will last me a long time. I am eager to go back for more perfumes!

See reviews of Part 1 here.

14 comments:

  1. Whitefall sounds potentially amazing, but I'm not sure about "metallic;" I hate scrubbing the metal sink because the smell makes me gag! Haha. This is S.'s job :P I love reading about new perfume shops...after yesterday's post and this one, I'm definitely going to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Larie, it is not metallic in that sense! It is more like a mild/cold note that is somewhat like silver. It only stays for sometime anyways. Whitefall is beautiful!
      The store has some nice perfumes that you'd really like too :)

      Delete
  2. I will buy the Summer's Cauldron off of you if you don't want it - I missed out on getting any and I was crushed when it left the shop! Let me know zillah1199(at)aol(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With pleasure! I will email you :)

      Delete
  3. Serpentina sounds amazing! How are you, Su? I have missed you! Hope you are settled in nicely! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nal! How are you, lovely?! I am great! I have settled too, well, almost :D
      Serpentine is really nice :)

      Delete
    2. Good to hear! Drop me a line sometime if you ever have some free time, we can e-chat! :)

      Delete
    3. Will sure do! I have you on gmail :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh Whitefall sounds interesting :) you always make me want to buy more perfume Su!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jade, you'll love Whitefall! Kind of like rice porridge but very pretty :) You need to get this!!!

      Delete
  5. Hey Su,
    How is everything going? Hope you have settled in well. I have no way of contacting you other than via here.

    Loving your posts so far!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bennie! How are you? I just sent an email to your blog id :)

      Delete
  6. Those vials are cute, Su! Can you believe that I haven't even trialled past just sniffing out of the samples!! I am so behind with my reviews! After reading your fabulous reviews, I really need to get my butt into gear, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, then do it! Can't wait to know your favourites :)

    ReplyDelete