Tuesday, October 23, 2012

More Honey Scents: HoG, HAEE, Possets, Love Potion, Violette Market

Like I mentioned in my last post, I recently got my hands on a job lot of honey themed scents from eBay. I paid about $30 for 10 bottles (partial/full) which is a bargain. The beauty of this lot is that I have been introduced to so many great perfume oil companies. They are all honey scents, one of my favourite notes in perfumes. Having smelt so many avatars of honey, I am not bored and only want more! I feel exactly like this:
and this

Honey Tree: "Quite rich! Right from the bee hive - honey amplified by seductive essence of resinous vanilla, darkened by a passing waft of mild rare wood smoke."
This one is an old favourite. Well, I can't say this perfume is a typical honey scent. There is honey and it is sweet but the honey is complex. True to its name, it is a woody honey. Honey in milky vanilla, with a bit of bee waxy resins and a woody base. I don't get much of smoke but the woodyness is definitely there. It not that edible kind of honey but a nice and comforting honey scent.


Heaven And Earth Essentials
Pumpkin Honey Spirits: "Pumpkin pie meets fresh baked bread loaded with honey and spices and icing, and kissed by a glass of Southern Vanilla Bourbon."
I have to say, WOW! Pumpkin pie with a beautifully baked biscuity shortbread like pastry. Pumpkin is yummy and the freshly baked pastry smell is delightful! Just when I am thinking that I am in heaven, the perfume progresses into a whole new level. I get smoked pumpkin with sweet honey in the dry down. The smokiness is amazing, like wafts from a firewood oven. I don't know what I like more, the pumpkin pie/pastry smell or the smokiness!

Honey Pot: "Ooey, gooey, delightful sweetened Honey! If you like straight-up sweet honey, this one is for you!"
There is honey but I get a very 'perfumey' amber with it. It smells like a incense shop . It is a bit too overpowering for me.

Possets
Honey:
"As I was reminded by one of the Possetiers, some take honey in their tea rather than sugars. So, I am adding Honey to the things you can put with your tea. Rich, golden, flowery, almost too much but then just right. I was thinking about Maltese honey when I made this one, the finest honey I have ever tasted and smelled. Yum! Yum!"
Limited Edition. Summer 2011

Say hello to the best honey scent ever made! OMG, this is the honey scent. This is truly the finest honey. What is even more beautiful is how well it works as a perfume. It smells sweet but totaly wearable. It has a very prominent floral element that makes it smell light and feminine keeping it away from being cloyingly sweet. It is pure joy. The scent was released as limited edition for the Tea series in 2011.
Come to think of it, this is my first ever full bottle from Possets! Comes as surprise because I have about 20 samples from Possets and I have loved so many of those.

Mara Fox Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie
Honey Ho: "Gotta have that thick delicious sexy golden alchemy? Here it is: dark honey and honeycomb melded with honeyed amber, gourmand musk and brown sugar, made juicy by a dash of Nashi Pear."
Interesting perfume, this is. It is honey with sugared musk. It is warm but still it is light. The lightness maybe due to that dash of pear in it. Dries down to a sweet fruity sugared/sweet musk.

Hot Honeyed Fig:
I could not find the description for it but I get honey and I get fig. Fig is not really that juicy ripe fig which in my opinion would not have worked with something that is as sweet as honey. Fig is green, bitter and very much like the fig wood. It smells like the sap from the twig of the fig fruit rather than the fruit itself. It smells like that raw fig sap with sweet honey. I think the smell is growing on me and I will appreciate it more, the more I smell it.

Violette Market
Vined Watermelon Honey
"Sweet local honey and ripe watermelon on the vine."
Limited Edition 2011 
State Fair: Sun Bear Local Honey Co
Oh yes, straight forward honey with very ripe and juicy watermelon. So juicy that it feels like a bite into the centre of the wedge of a fully ripe watermelon, I want to wipe the dripping juice off my chin! Melon is fresh and with the sweet honey it is a fruity juicy sweet but light scent that would be perfect for summer.

10 comments:

  1. Tokyo Milk's Honey and the Moon is my favourite honey scent - smells like burned honey but in a very good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've only tried Honey and the Moon once and I loved it. Now you say buned honey and I want a bottle right away! I can imagine all the burnt honey goodness, yum :)

      Delete
  2. So many honey varieties! I like it in most scents, but if it gets too rich/sweet, it's usually too much for me. And when it is resinous, also no go! Haha. So Honey Tree is not my favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most honey scents are rich and sweet. You'd like something which has citrus or melon in it. If you get a chance, try L'Occitane honey and lemon or Jo Malone nectarine blossom and honey :)

      Delete
    2. I just found a scent today that reminds me of Winnie the Pooh! :D

      Delete
    3. Haha, which one is that? :D

      Delete
  3. No mention of Womb Furie?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Womb Furie is aces, the queen of all honey scents. Swoon! It wasn't in this eBay lot though. I have 2 bottles, so I am set for life :D

      Delete