Saturday, November 24, 2012

I Swatched ALL My Lipsticks!

I did it because it was fun! I was cleaning today and chucked out many lipsticks that were old/smelly/gross and kept the good ones. So this is what I have that are less than a year old. Broadly classified as reds (those I hardly wear) and pinks (those I love to wear, but don't wear that much):
 Top row L-R L'Oreal Infallible Refined Ruby, L'Oreal Color Riche Serum Ardent Sunset, Shiseido Perfect Rouge RD 305, Elizabeth Arden Lush Red, Evil Shades Diabolical, NYX Violet Ray, NYX Peach, Ulta3 Plum Purple, Rimmel True Vintage, Estee Lauder Hot Kiss, Maybelline Copper
Bottom Row L-R Australis Flamenco, Tom Ford Pure Pink, Revlon ColourBurst Fuchsia, NYX Spellbound, NYX Gem, MAC Pink Frost, Innoxa Pink Peony, Lancome Color Fever (?), Rimmel Glamourous Pink, MNY Colorsensational Pinkalicious, NYX Rose Bud, L'Oreal Pretty Peach
 Top L-R L'Oreal Infallible Charismatic Coral, SAX Coral, MNY ColorSensational Madison Mauve, Australis LE1 (that pretty grape purple!), Revlon Colorburst Pink Nude, Elizabeth Arden Soft Rose.
Smashbox Demure and MNY's one other lipstick on the bottom left.

The truth is I haven't worn most of these in ages! I have been rotating the following three shades regularly over the past 6 months:
Dior Serum De Rouge 650, Elizabeth Arden Desert Rose and Lakme Absolute Day Kiss, all of which are almost the same shade of muted pink, no shimmer or frost, very wearable and they go with everything! I wear Rimmel Glamourous Pink more than others and Tom Ford Pure Pink when I feel indulgent and that is pretty much it.

I don't have a lot but surely think I have a lot more than I wear. Using just 3 out of 33 lipsticks is such a waste of 30 other lipsticks. I am stuck in a 'Lipstick Rut' perhaps? The sane thing to do is to wear more of what I have. But I am getting this sudden urge to go lipstick shopping for more wearable shades!

10 comments:

  1. Nice collection. I so like the pinks here. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too, I love pinks. Hope to wear them all more :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE THIS POST have to do it in all cap letters... to be honest - not the best picture quality - but i love your collection and effort to swatch them all! ((i have no courage whatsoever to try it myself...))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you <3 I would be interested to see yours, though I imagine most beauty bloggers would have so many that they may need a couple of more arms to swatch them all :)

      Delete
  3. Wear your reds, Su! WEAR THEM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, I will surely try! I have worn the first one (L'Oreal Infallible Ruby Red) more than others but dare I wear the fifth one?! I need to borrow some of your attitude to wear reds! I know you simply and effortlessly rock red lips :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of work. I need to do something similar, though my lippies stash has dwindled quite a bit. Let's give the red lips a workout this winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, not a lot of work! I just swatched as I was sorting and that's why they don't look neat :) Please do yours when you find time, love to see! We need to be brave and try red lips. Let's DO IT!

      Delete
  5. Great idea, hun. I am the same, have many lipsticks, but only wear the same few. Actually, I'm trying to use them up, but they seem to last and last and last, lol. I'm thinking of melting some down into a palette. I saw this done on youtube, and think it's an awesome idea. I'm just using an empty one I have that are for nail gems. The one I saw on youtube was a daily pill organizer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lipsticks never get over, do they?! Melting is great idea and I am sure it saves much space. But I tend to do better with sticks/tube in terms of finishing than with palettes. And think of all the mess, lol If you do that project, I'd love to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete