Friday, November 23, 2012

The Garden Bath: Chocolate Passion

Ever felt the urge to get something as soon as you read a great review about it? I am sure everyone has! For me it was this post on Dee's blog that made me buy The Garden Bath's perfume oil after about 5 minutes of reading it (and seeing how nice the bottle looks!). I trust Dee's chocolate perfume recommendations and bought a full size bottle of Chocolate Passion. Dee is so right! I love it! It is just as described:  "Dark, rich and almost sinful, like a scrumptious piece of moist chocolate cake covered with sweet fudge icing."  I don't find it overly sweet or too rich but just the perfect chocolate perfume oil. I am loving myself sick with Chocolate Passion slathered all over me! It needs to be applied generously and I am absolutely willing to do so!
I really love how adorable the bottle is! It is a square frosted glass bottle with a round cap and it is a roll-on! It is actually compact and tiny for a 10 ml bottle which makes it so cute! 
The dimensions of the bottle correspond roughly to the length of 1 ml sample vial.
Cute!
It is a pleasure to deal with lovely Donna who owns the shop on Esty. She offers a sample with every purchase and she also let me choose a perfume from her unreleased Winter Limited Edition collection. I chose Pumpkin Pie and Winter Woods. Pumpkin Pie (LE for Halloween) is a light but delish pumpkin scent. Winter Woods is intriguing. It reminds me of fresh snow on pine trees! It smells of cold incense and pine on a woody (cedar?) base. It is unisex, leaning towards masculine but I really like to wear it. It would make an amazing room spray/candle. 

I am looking forward to all the new body lotions and other goodies Donna will come up with in future, as I have heard a great deal about them!

6 comments:

  1. I know this urge well! Great review Su, Chocolate Passion sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellstar :) It is so good and so indulgent! x

      Delete
  2. How adorable! I'm a sucker for chocolate(: xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love Chocolate Passion then! It is pure chocolate <3
      x

      Delete
  3. So glad you liked it! It's just the most straight chocolatey chocolate scent I've tried. I got my full size Vanilla Nutmeg and Fresh Roses the other day and freaked out over the bottles - SO CUTE. Also a sample of Butter Rum Cafe from the Winter collection, which smells like butterscotch and makes me want to eat my hand off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't get enough of it! Vanilla Nutmeg sounds yumm and so does the Butterscotch one! Gosh, now I need them! But I may wait till Donna comes out with all the body lotions, so I can place a huge order :)

      Delete