Monday, December 24, 2012

Most Used Makeup Of 2012

Most used = Most loved!
MAC Studio Fix Powder NW30, Guerlain Meteorites Mattifying and Illuminating powder in Beige
Dior Serum de Rouge in 650, Elizabeth Arden Desert Rose, Lakme Abolute Skin Cover, Estee Lauder Double wear in Desert Beige, i-Nuovi blush, Sleek blush in Rose Gold
Estee Lauder Double Wear is perfect for hot humid days. It stays put, gives awesome coverage and perfectly matches my skin colour. That, topped with MAC Studio Fix is unbeatable even without a primer. Lakme Absolute Skin Cover is like a BB cream, feels light great coverage plus brightens the skin. i-Nuovi is a good peachy blush for everyday and Sleek Rose Gold is for when I want a jazzed up look.
Dior Serum de Rouge is my second one, in the same colour. It feels sooo good on the lips! Elizabeth Arden Desert Rose is a safe pinky nude that I have been wearing all round the year.
Dior Grege mini palette, Lancome Marvellous Amethyst, MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet, Ben Nye Lumiere powder eyeshadow in Cosmic Violet
MAC Kohl in Smoulder, Lakme Absolute eyeliner in Electric Violet, Too Faced Lockdown primer/eyeshadow in Bedroom Eyes
DiorShow New Look mascara, Maybelline Falsies
Dior Grege mini palette and the New Look mascara was in a set. I got both for about £20. Grege palette has nude shades that I thought I would never wear but it turned out to be the most worn. Two shades in the palette hardly even show on my skin tone. Nothing exciting at all but perfect for non exciting days. The New Look mascara is good and I have been wearing it a lot but not really better than drugstore ones. Maybelline falsies is nice and I have used a lot of it in the first half of this year.

Too Faced Lockdown is a cream eyeshadow infused with Shadow Insurance. I love it on its own but topped with eyeshadow it works the best! Bedroom Eyes is a skin shade which goes perfectly under any colour of eyeshadow. Ben Nye Cosmic Violet, wow, a mindblowingly beautiful duochrome pink/violet. The best shade I own! Lancome eyeshadow and MAC Fluidline were gifts from a friend and both are matching shades. Love to wear purple/plums! MAC Kohl liner is awesome for water line. Only thing that bugs me is this should be sharpened and I much prefer twist ups. But it is so good that I can forgive and keep sharpening. Lakme eyeliner is a metallic blue that is super pigmented and stays on forever!

MAC Studio fix is the one I have used the most. Hit the pan long ago and planning to use it till its last swipe! It is such a hard working powder. It will be repurchased but till there is none left of it, I got a daintier powder, Guerlain Meteorites pressed one. It is simply beautiful! Not as hardworking as the MAC one, but still, soooo pretty!

Some eye looks that I have been wearing quite a lot: These were not intendedly photographed as EOTDs or FOTDs, just selfies taken for fun to check how looked! Yes, my narcissistic self does that a lot. All taken in different lights, no filters used.
Lakme Absolute eyeliner in Electric Violet
Lancome Marvellous Amethyst + MAC fluidline in Macroviolet
A goofy looking FOTD (complete with chipmunk cheeks as a result of smiling while avoiding to frown in direct sunlight) with all those products and Dior Grege on the eyes. My face hit by the rarest of the warm winter Sun and gently powdered with Guerlain pressed powder! Oh, the glow!

8 comments:

  1. The Electric Violet liner is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Not just the colour, the texture, staying power, everything is great :)

      Delete
  2. It's always interesting to peek into others' collections! I'm crazy about the original Diorshow mascara so I need to check out their New Look next time I need a new mascara. I love your pretty face xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vita :) This is my first ever Dior mascara. Though I haven't used the original, it seems to be the better one brush wise. I poke my eyes with this plastic brush!

      Delete
  3. So cute Su, you always look beautiful especially with purple shadow/liner! I need to get my blogging mojo back and write up some of these best of posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade :) Purple is my favourite! Yes, you should! It is fun to read end of the year posts :)

      Delete
  4. Your eyes are amazing - wow at the first EOTD!

    I love seeing what people like to use and I think it's nice to have a MAC alongside a Guerlain to appease different needs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :)
      Right, all powders are not the same :) love both!

      Delete