Sunday, December 2, 2012

Nevermore Body Company

Another day, another Etsy store! Today, it is Nevermore Body Company. I have tried 5 samples (thanks, Michelle!) and I've been really impressed with the scents. Gathering my thoughts about the scents before I place an order!

Chapiteau: Violet, Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk
Smells like violets, has a Parma Violet like vibe but not totally edible. It is a sugared violet scent on a woody/musky base. It dries down to a sweet powdery feminine floral. Nice.

Madame:  Apple and oak, with a spice mahogany bouquet, soothing hints of vanilla, cinnamon and dark wood, ripe tones of sweet figs and infused with a blend of tobacco, black tea and fruit spices
This is my favourite of the lot and probably one of the best scents I have ever smelt! The woods are feminine without being harsh. The combination of ripe figs with vanilla and very mild cinnamon smells very grown up and does not smell like anything you would want to eat. It has very faint hints of black tea and barely there tobacco making the combination gorgeous! The spices fade quickly and it dries down to this beautiful fig-wood scent. It is very pretty and easy to wear. Goes straight to full bottle list!

Vaudeville: Chocolate, Spicy Pepper, Merlot, Espresso
This is chocolate! Pure chocolate when smelt from the vial. It smells a bit sour, may be due to the merlot note and then it turns into spicy coffee. Really rich and dark coffee with bit of grape like Merlot and quite a bit of chocolate. It is really beautiful. I like the merlot in it very much. It is not very sweet nor (cough) syrupy. Nice combo of wine, chocolate, coffee with a hint of spice. I agree with Michelle, it smells like Black Forest Cake! Yummy!

Burlesque Lounge: Leather, Tobacco, Plum, Apple, Lemon, Vanilla
I smell leather. It is rather a cold leather with mild smokiness. Leather comes with fresh and juicy apple and plum. It smells like apple and leather in the dry down. Unusual but nice and refreshing.

Sherlock: Our new scent "Sherlock" is far from elementary"! With the rich floral aromas of an English garden experience the scents of damask rose, geranium, patchouli, sweet lavender all combined in a sweet blend of orange honey and smokey vanilla. 
In the vial, it smells like a sour rose, sourness coming from orange honey which becomes more prominent as a it progresses. It is a really nice perfume. It is made for the boys. If you like rose scents, you can definitely wear it whether you are a girl or a boy. If you are a boy wearing it, I would like to smell you!

The scents have a decent staying power, though some stay better than others. I feel like I should place an order very soon. There are really nice looking body butters, lotions, liquid soaps, scrubs, sprays, lip balms and a lot of stuff for boys like aftershave, shave cream etc. along with some great perfumes. 'Test Tube Of Perfumes' is a set of 3 perfume bottles which look like vials of antibiotics and come packaged in a test tube! It looks really cute and I really want the set!

8 comments:

  1. That Test Tube set is super cute! Gosh, I love Etsy perfumeries. So many creative scents! None of these sound like me (which is probably why you liked them, LOL), except for maybe Sherlock. Will have to explore this shop later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'll like the test tubes :D None of these made me think of you, except for Burlesque Lounge maybe :)

      Delete
  2. Burlesque Lounge sounds interesting! Oh god, this is why I fear to tread foot into Etsy. So many nice things to explore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Etsy is a dangerous place! Full of things I want. But it feels good, you pay a lot less than commercial things and you are supporting small business/handmade stuff :)
      Burlesque Lounge is nice, fruity leather is unusual!

      Delete
  3. You always find the best and unusual perfumes, I learn alot from you. Did get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That test tube is a cute idea! Oh, on the subject of Etsy, have you tried Sarawen, I'm sampling a few atm......omg, if you haven't you need to try!! ;)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/SaraWen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing so much about Sarawen lately! Cake or death sounds awesome! Can't wait to read your thoughts on it. Definitely on my must try list :)

      Delete