Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Best Buy of 2012: Frederic Malle Coffret

 When I saw this gorgeous thing at Frederic Malle counter at Liberty London, I saw my name written all over it and I bought it! Not entirely impulsively but because I knew I would love every drop of every perfume in there and I could somehow justify/afford a splurge. It cost £175, the most I have spent on perfume at once. The thought of returning it back has crossed my mind but I have convinced myself that it is the best buy ever. I am gettting 75mls (15 x 5mls) for £175 = £2.3/ml. Still a lot of money but doesn't sound so bad when broken down. It works out better than buying decants. If I had to buy a 50ml bottle of say, Carnal Flower, I would have to spend £140 and I might never see the day I'll be wearing the last drop of it. Instead for £35 more, I got a set of 15 gorgeous perfumes! Yes, that is 15 different perfumes, all great ones! According to husband, one for each month till next year. That makes a lot of sense because whenever I am tempted to buy anything else, I can think of this beautiful set (what a great mental picture!) and stop myself from further unnecessary purchases. That is saving money, right?!!

How is all that for logic? I would have added the Christmas reason but I don't really celebrate any festival other than my birthday which is half a year away! But I don't care and I have decided to love it and enjoy it as the ultimate treat. Also, we all know that the world is going to end (well, someday if not right now and life is short!).

Just can't get over how gorgeous the set looks! 
The favourites that I know and love: Musc Ravageur, Carnal Flower, Iris Poudre
The ones I can't wait to try: Noir Epices, L'Eau D'Hiver and all those Rose ones.
The ones for the husband: Cologne Bigarade, Angeliques Sous La Pluie

Comes with a set of postcards with nice artwork, one for each perfume! Nice!

I am one happy girl this holiday season and I smell of Christmas: wearing Musc Ravageur, the smell of cinnamon, vanilla, musk, so perfect!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and I hope everyone does something, little or big, that makes them happy :-) 

14 comments:

  1. OMG, Su, this is divine! So beautiful, and I love the idea of so many different perfumes to try, all in the same lovely packaging and snug in their little coffret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that there are so many perfumes to try too! The 5 ml size is perfect. Gosh, I am such a sucker for minis :)

      Delete
  2. WANT! WANT SO HARD!
    Have you tried Lipstick Rose yet? It's my fave ladylike powder scent, but I can't justify spending that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I soo excited to try Lipstick Rose! I love powder/iris but rose can go either way on me. I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! How gloriously decadent (mind that decadent is something very very good in my world)!! Me, I´m waiting for a hoard of samples from Alkemia, and that is decadence for me... but I am a cheap bastard! Anyway, lots of iris and spices in these scents! me likes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Alkemia has some gorgeous perfumes! They are all beautifully made and I am sure you'll love them :)
      Decadence has no price tag! Everything that smells good is decadent irrespective of how much it costs :) x

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I´m all for cheap decadence right now! Though that might change when I have a job and lots of money! ;)

      Delete
    3. I need all that disposable income too! Where the hell did that go?! LOL

      Delete
  4. I think that's more like BEST BUY OF YOUR LIFE. That is amaaaaaaaazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY! My life is complete now :)

      Delete
  5. Wow!!!! I feel so much second hand happiness right now. No other blog post has ever made me feel like this, LOL! Nice job, Su. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks Liz! I am glad this made you happy. I am drowning in joy myself :D

      Delete
  6. Hey, how fabulous!
    Do you have a favourite? :)

    ReplyDelete