Saturday, January 12, 2013

S-A-D #12: Wiggle 'Speakeasy Vanilla'

Sample A Day Review Day 12
Speakeasy Vanilla
Wiggle
General Catalogue
Samples available
"This fragrance opens up with a bright, intoxicating bourbon vanilla scent then mellows into a softer, creamy vanilla. To balance the sweetness, I've added sultry amber and smokey frankincense. On the very bottom is a delicately floral white musk, and if you're very sharp you may catch the tiny hint of bay rum lurking in the mix"

Got to love vanilla with a twist! When I first smelt it, I didn't expect much and I didn't even know what was in it. Smelt wet, it is a really nice smooth vanilla perfume, something I have smelt so many times before. As it develops on my skin, I get some frankincense. It is kind of cold and complements the warmth of vanilla very well. After about 10 minutes, the surprise happens and this awesome smokiness emerges! Speakeasy vanilla becomes a beautiful smoky incense-y vanilla perfume. It is so warm and cozy but so different. I get the musk which is a bit soapy but goes well with the smoky vanilla. It is somewhat like BPAL's Snake Oil. I love Snake Oil with all my heart but I know many people find it overwhelming due the spices and strong incense. Speakeasy Vanilla is warmer, softer, without the sharp spice/incense of Snake Oil and so much more wearable. Love this perfume and totally getting a full bottle of this.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds glorious!! Makes me want to put on some Smoke and Mirrors! Ahhh! Smoke and vanilla is a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Smoke and Mirrors! Just love that! This one is not that kind of campfire smoky but very nice as well :)

      Delete
  2. Another perfumer on my to-try list! Why do you tempt me so, Su? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Wiggle does have some good perfumes ;)

      Delete
  3. I used to have a bottle of this and I loved it to death. I keep meaning to get another one, but I have SO MANY on my current 'to buy' list. One of these days I'll get around to it. Have you tried Buxom? That's another Wiggle favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have tried Buxom but don't have the sample with me right now. From memory I liked it! Rose and vanilla :)

      Delete
  4. I have too many vanilla perfumes but I am always tempted to buy another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, just love vanillas! Can't have too many at all :D

      Delete
  5. Creamy vanilla with smoke? AHMAHGASH! Need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be interesting to see how many perfumes of which kinds of basic notes you have, Su! How many primarily boozy, vanilla,etc. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of them, Larie! ALL OF THEM :D
      LOL It will sure be a good way to sort though.

      Delete