Monday, January 14, 2013

S-A-D #14: Wiggle 'Hala'

Sample A Day Review: Day #14
Hala
Wiggle
Permanent collection
Samples available
"I am so ready for the sun to appear! It's still gray and frosty where I am, but all I can think about is the smell of fresh new leaves and blooming bulbs. I created Hala to help me feel like spring is near, even if it may not be just yet. An arrestingly unusual blend of cool, crisp greens and sugary florals, this vanille verte is perfect for those first brisk days after a long winter. Makes me think of taking a walk in the sunshine, listening to the birds just starting to sing, still cuddling into my fuzzy sweater for just a little while longer. Hala is a blend of linden, green tea, fresh bamboo, a double dose of vanilla, and splashes of elegant peony and lilac. There's just the tiniest drop of ginger and honey as well, because, well...why not?"

Hala is a very fresh floral. It is a really a pretty, feminine frangrance. In the vial it smells like tea and flowers. A refreshing sweetened floral tea, if you may call it! Tea and bamboo, the smell of calmness! Then there is the smell of fresh flowers, with the nectar and all. I barely know Linden Blossom but in my limited experience this is how it smells. Fresh, sweet and bright. I can't recognise the flowers but they are quite charming. Hala is a very pretty perfume of fresh blooming flowers full of nectar, reminiscent of Spring. I like it and makes me happy. I'll hold on to the sample for now and keep testing it before deciding on a full bottle. I change my mind easily on florals.

14 comments:

  1. Ungh, florals... This is definitely not one for me!...(And who would want spring when you can have winter!?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love to smell cozy but I am tending to drift towards florals lately. Plus LOVE the smell of spring :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this does sound like something I could do! Love linden blossom! And tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll like it very much, if you don't mind a bit of honey :D I have not smelt a lot of Linden Blossoms. Tokyo Milk Waltz gave me a nice idea about the note :) That is a good one to try for Linden Blossom lovers!

      Delete
  3. This sounds beautiful! I'm obsessed with tea, so the whole 'tea and flowers' bit you said sounded so charming <3 This sounds like the perfect girly perfume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like tea in perfumes too! The flowers in this are beautiful. You are right, it is very girly without being a fruity/sweet :)

      Delete
  4. This would be great for spring!
    I want to order from Wiggle like forever, I have to pass a Bpal update and buy some samples from her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wiggle has some good perfumes. I have a few samples to test. Speakeasy vanilla is on the top of my full bottle list :)
      Are you getting any Lupercalias from BPAL this time?

      Delete
    2. I am waiting for the update and it drives me crazy! I check my e-mail all the time... As always I think I will go for decants first. I will add Yule bottles and maybe the vanilla single note to my decant order because 19usd shipping for a 2 or 3 bottles is way too much...

      Delete
    3. Oh good, haha! I do like the sound of the vanilla one too but will resist ordering just for one bottle. I am bummed about the shipping too :( It is almost as much as a full bottle.

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOD, tea and flowers and spring time. GIMME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I thought of you with the mention of tea :)

      Delete
  6. I like tea notes in perfumes, but I don't much like them *on me*. It kind of goes cat pee-ish or something. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a long time to like tea and now I love tea perfumes, smoky tea in particular! Sad to hear it smells awful on your skin :( hope one day you'll find a tea you'll like.

      Delete