Tuesday, January 15, 2013

S-A-D #15 :OHWTO 'Evil Angel'

Sample A Day Review: Day #15
Evil Angel
One Hand Washes The Other
Private Stock
Avaialable
Evil Angel: An altered blend of scents, per custom request: cracked coconuts dance solo amongst swirls of dark musky woods, hint of vanilla, and a sprinkle of powder. It's Desolation Angel, minus the lime, which makes it an almost entirely different scent altogether.

In the vial, it smells like coconut. Not the fresh coconut meat smell but the smell of dry coconut. It is very similar to pure coconut oil. As soon as it touches the skin, it becomes a musky coconut. The musk is slightly sweet but very powdery. The drydown is like coconut macaroons only perfumed! It is a very nicely made perfume more musky than foody. I do like coconut perfumes but not crazy about them. If you like coconut perfumes, this is a nice perfume to try.

14 comments:

  1. Coconut is hard - it can quickly overpower a scent, I think. I don't really think of coconut when I think of evil, though, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not too keen on coconut in general either. Coconut in my mind is all savoury. I find it hard to associate coconut with sweet stuff let alone evil :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love anything coconut scented, but I think those days are behind me now. The though of coconut and musk just makes me wrinkle my nose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Getting the right kind of coconut is hard. I love the smell of fresh coconut milk. Not many coconut perfumes smell like that. But if anyone likes to smell like coconut cookies or macaroons, Evil Angel is the one!

      Delete
    2. I also love the smell of coconut milk, so wonderful and creamy! Before I "discovered" pefume oils I used coconut fragrance oil as perfume... I still have that one, but I can´t even remember exactly how it smells, what kind of coconut it is...

      Delete
    3. Oh, it would be nice to go back and smell it! There are not as many fresh coconut scents as there are the artificial ones, unfortunately!

      Delete
  4. I like coconut - I was in a lift once with a girl who smelled AMAZING and I asked her what she was wearing and it was a coconut oil from The Body Shop. It was gorgeous but I could never find it. :-(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That sounds really good! TBS outlet near me has a lot of coconut body products. I've never seen an oil but there are body mists. I may pick one up next time :)

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to try the Black Coconut from Twyla. *excited*

      Delete
    3. Yay! Can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

      Delete
  5. I don't think I've spent enough time with quality coconuts to determine anything about this perfume, LOL. I keep thinking of the fake overly sweet "coconut" bath stuff we're inundated with, but I know this perfume isn't like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly the problem with coconut. The cheap stuff seems to have corrupted our minds! The coconut in Evil Angel is actually nice, a dry coconut oil kind. Now I will have to find more nice coconut scents :)

      Delete
  6. You always find these weird and wonderful fragrances. I like coconut but I've learnt that the smell we associate with coconut is artificial and it's true fragrance is very delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love the smell of fresh coconut meat/milk, even the smell of coconut water! It is difficult to recreate that fresh smell I think!

      Delete