Saturday, January 19, 2013

S-A-D #16: Sarawen 'Cake Or Death'

Sample A Day Review: Day #16
Cake Or Death
"When you -must- have your cake or die! Decadent buttercream frosting and vanilla cake with a touch of spice over a darkened amber base. A customer favourite.  Delicious but wicked. Beware!"

This is cake but not an ordinary cake. Cake with a twist or should I say twisted cake? In the vial, I smell vanilla cream, slightly sour, something like cake batter. On my skin, all I get is cake: moist, succulent and yummy! But something is not right about the cake. Cake is accompanied by a musty smell, like mildew or something. I just can't get over it. It is something so unusual that it makes me want to smell it more and more. It took sometime for me to realise that it is the amber. It is dry, dusty and very powdery. The amber is not as prominent in the dry down. It is still there but the vanilla cake batter takes over with a hint of dustiness.

Cake Or Death makes me think of a mouldy cake and the death caused by consumption of the toxins! I like it. It is sweet and wearable, long lasting and has a good projection. I am almost done with my vial and my second one is on its way which I happen to have won from a vegan website. I will use up the samples before deciding if I should indulge in a full size.

I have exhausted my drafts on the sample reviews which has made me fall behind. Will catch up soon, one at a time, when real life doesn't spoil all the perfume fun!

11 comments:

  1. This sounds intriguing, and not just because I LOVE the name of this! I mean how can you not love a name like Cake or Death!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes, I do like the name too! It does create a deadly craving for cake :D

      Delete
    2. Heads off to youtube to watch the sketch.. ;D

      Delete
  2. I'm not big into foody type of scents, but this one sounds actually really pretty! Also, I hate when real life gets in the way of perfume fun :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love foody scents and this one is perfect! Yeah, not cool when we have to do boring stuff instead of more exciting things like smelling an awesome perfume!!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha mouldy cake is not going to do it for me, unfortunately! But I do know what you mean about something seemingly unappealing becoming very appealing somehow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Larie! It is the amber! If not for it, it would be a plain old delicious cake ;)

      Delete
  4. I have never been able to figure out whether or not I like this. Though when I wear it I sniff myself constantly, so if nothing else it's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! I'll wear anything if it smells like cake :)

      Delete
  5. Miss Havisham! That's the first thing I think of with this description. I'm dying of curiosity re: the smell but pretty sure I wouldn't want to smell like a dead cake. :DDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be an awesome name for a perfume like this! Would be great if there was line of perfumes based on her room!

      Delete