Wednesday, January 2, 2013

S-A-D #2: Poison Apple Apothecary 'White Rabbit'

Sample A Day Review: Day #2
Wonderland Collection
currently available on Etsy
"This perfume is sweet and creamy with notes of White Chocolate, Sassafras, Caramel, and Cognac." 
This vial is from 2010

Gosh, what a delicious white chocolate scent! It is sweet but has the delicate aroma of white chocolate than being very sweet like milk/dark chocolate. It is light on the caramel which gives it enough sweetness without any sticky gooeyness. Though I do like the sticky gooeyness of the chocolate in perfumes, white chocolate makes it more elegant and more wearable. Sassafras doesn't come out strongly but adds a subtle boost to the lightness. I don't get any booze.

White Rabbit is the perfect chocolate scent for chocolate perfume lovers and chocolate perfume haters alike. I like it for its delightful light spin on chocolate, just enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings and to pleasurably wear it as a perfume. It doesn't last too long, maybe just for a couple of hours. It stays close to the skin, which I do like about it. Adding it to full bottle list. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! But I don´t think I´d wear it, I´d rather eat it... I love to eat white chocolate! ;) I prefer dark and bitter chocolate in perfume...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but I love all kinds of chocolate perfumes :D I am not even a huge chocolate eater!

      Delete
  2. White chocolate is a scent I do like :D As you've said, it is a nice, light spin on chocolate - a bit of sweetness but not that heavy cocoa scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I bet it is great for baking too :) I do love muffins and cookies with white chocolate chips!

      Delete
  3. That sounds really lovely, I don't own any fragrances like this but the idea of white chocolate sounds like something I could get on well with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White chocolate scents are lovely! Bvlgari Omnia is also a really good take on white chocolate :)

      Delete