Thursday, January 3, 2013

S-A-D #3: BPAL "White Rabbit"

Sample A Day Review: Day #3
White Rabbit
General Catalogue
Impable
"Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen."

Jumping from White Rabbit of Poison Apple Apothecary to White Rabbit of BPAL, both based on the theme of Alice In Wonderland!

White Rabbit makes me smile! It is a pretty scent with a nice twist. It is like a white rabbit: delicate, playful, sweet and all! Smelling from the imp, I get this freshly brewed black tea with minty/gingery/sweetness. Delightful! It is a little more peppery on the skin. It stays that way for quite about 15 minutes and then the linen starts coming through, a fresh sundried cotton sheet smell. So clean and crisp, amazing. I did not really expect a tea-linen combo to work so well! The dry down is sweet with milky honey while retaining the tea and the freshness. It lasts for a long time. I can see myself wearing this on any and every summer day! Perfectly fresh to beat the heat with a little wash of honeyed milk to make it yum! Full bottle worthy, oh yes!

14 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about trying some new scents with a ginger edge to them, and the milky honey and tea would go nicely with it. Loving this daily review thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a soft ginger smells lovely in perfumes :) And I love milky honey scents! Emma, you should try White Rabbit, BPAL Sudha Segara and Serge Lutens Five 'O Clock Gingembre. You'll love :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... The ginger, pepper and honey sounds fabulous, the crisp clean linen not so much... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, thought the same :) I do like linen smell in this though, fresh but not run of the mill citrus. Also I do love to cuddle up in a freshly washed and dried linen! Soft kitty, warm kitty, purr purr :D

      Delete
  3. This sounds lovely! I'm loving this series of yours Su :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I am enjoying the series too :) White Rabbit is a lovely scent!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, tea and linen? Sounds weird, but I could also see it being absurdly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?!! It is just like tea spilt on a clean towel! Weird but works :)

      Delete
  5. Ooooh, that sounds lovely. I thought I'd tried this before but reading your description I'm pretty sure now I haven't. I think I'm confusing it with Poison Apple Potions' White Rabbit.

    I'm going to do an order from BPAL near the end of the month as there are a few Yules I've decided I want, and it's been a good couple of years since I bought anything directly from them. I think I'll throw in a sample of this as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold on before ordering, Dee! I'll send this along with other things that I am yet to post! Will do soon :)

      Delete
  6. Oh damn, now I want this. I'm kind of in love with anything tea these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a refreshing tea and love the twist. Who would have thought linen!

      Delete