Friday, January 4, 2013

S-A-D #4: BPAL 'Al Azif'

Sample A Day Review: Day #4
Al-Azif
General Catalogue
Impable
"An Arabic term that refers to both the chirping of nocturnal insects and the ambient sound made by the chattering of demons. This is the original title of the feared Necronomicon, the Book of Dead Names, penned by the Mad Arab, Abdul Alhazred.
A sinister, sinuous incense of summoning, a herald and paean to the Primordial Gods of Darkness, Chaos, Madness and Decay."

 Cthulhu mythos, how creepy! I have watched a couple of silent Cthulhu movies, really creepy! And Arkham, I never cease to be intrigued by Arkham, its darkness and the evil. H P Lovecraft collection from BPAL is so imaginative. I want to smell them all.

Al-Azif smells like glue from the imp. Yes, the kind of glue that gets glue-sniffers addicted! I think my nose is just so weird. I have smelt it ten different times and every first sniff, it smells like glue: a chemical, solvent-like smell but aromatic! It is a nice smell and pleasant, actually. Then comes the incense, which is still laced with the glue. It is still a nice smell. Waiting for the rot/decay to emerge........ 5 minutes later, it develops into something sweet. No rot still. There is sugar/syrup which makes the incense sweet. The incense is blending into some deep resins. In the dry down, I can't smell glue anymore. It is a sweet, dark incense. No rot or decay, just a strange syrup. But the sweetness is dark, which may just be the decay. It is very wearable though. What I smell as glue, some people say is maple syrup. It may very well be that. 

I would love to get a full bottle of it but not right away as there are some others which top the priority list. Al-Azif is something to keep in mind for future orders.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like it would be right up my alley!! I love the smell of some glues so I´m with you there! And some kinds of plastic, now that we are talking strange but lovely chemical scents... And dark and sweet is always a hit with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glue? Hahahaha. Oh, Su. You crack me up. I believe you, though! But I will have to pass. Also, creepy things = eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It's so crazy! I can't believe I smell glue! My nose is so messed up! :D

      Delete
  3. This one was a scrubber for me, sadly. I must have received it free because it's not one I would ever have bought or sought out. For some reason I imagine anything associated with Cthulhu as smelling like wet octopus, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the imp from you! Haha the actual perfume they have called Cthulhu smells like that I suppose. Eewww at the wet octopus!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Su. Do I have to send you some maple syrup from Canada? :D

    ReplyDelete