Tuesday, January 8, 2013

S-A-D #8 : Lulu Beauty 'Starlet'

The toughest little vial to photograph!
Sample A Day Review: Day #8
Starlet
Currently available on Etsy
"Starlet is feminine magnetism bottled. Velvety white gardenias rest provocatively on a base note of clean, sensual musk to create a sultry fragrance that is both lingering and alluring."

Oh wow, this is lush! A big bunch of white flowers! Very heady and opulent gardenia but it is also creamy, soft and very true to life. It is so pretty and ultra feminine. If you love your florals, you got to try it! I can see a bride wearing it on her wedding day.

This sample was given to me by Michelle (thanks!). I haven't bought any from the shop yet but I may soon. The full bottle is on the pricier side, $40 US for about 4mls. There is a set of 3 samples and a nice sampler pack of 7 perfumes too.

10 comments:

  1. Ungh... this sounds like something I´d hate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am picky about florals but can't get enough these days :)

      Delete
  2. Way to go with your S.A.D mission, hun! I did like the samples I got from this store, but to me, the ones I bought seemed to smell similar..and, well, the FS price tag put me off, lol. Looking forward to your next sample review post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle!
      Oh really? They all are florals so I am not surprised they are similar. I do like this one though :) I agree, $40 for 4 mls and odd is very pricey!

      Delete
  3. I have a Lulu Beauty solid that I love! I wish I had bought the oil, though, as I find those have greater staying power. This sounds like it could be wonderful but also possibly too heady. I do like white florals, though! Gardenia, mmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to see that Sweet Anthem also sells them online! Nice one stop shop!
      Probably I should have mentioned, this is not an oil, it looks like an alcoholic perfume. It does last long 2 to 3 hours with a couple of dabs but not that very long really.

      Delete
  4. I love gardenia but this is very expensive for me. I really like the turquoise cigarette box that it comes with it thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, $40 is way high for such a small amount of perfume :(

      Delete
  5. It sounds pretty but that's really pricy. I'm sure I'd have other similar perfumes around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Annick Goutal first came to my mind.

      Delete