Friday, January 18, 2013

White Chocolate Chai Shots!

This was originally intended to be White Chocolate Chai Truffles. But I overused the cream and I didn't quite get to roll them into balls. I poured the mixture into shot glasses instead. Hence came to be the White Chocolate Chai Shots! Each spoonful (and finger lick) tasted delicious! I don't really have a recipe for it because I screwed up the proportions for truffles which is probably the easiest thing to make with chocolate. It involves white chocolate melted into double cream with Whittard's Chocolate Chai drink mix (tea with cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate flavours) and a hint of cardamom, garnished with almond flakes and dessicated coconut.
Top Notes: Ginger, Mandarin, Saffron, Pepper, Cardamom
Middle Notes: Nutmeg, Clove, Cinnamon, Almond, Masala Chai, Lotus
Base Notes: Sandalwood, White Chocolate, Tonka Bean, Woody notes
White chocolate and spiced tea is such a delicate combination, not only in food but also in perfumes. This reminded me of Bvlgari Omnia. It tasted exactly like what the perfume would taste if it was edible! Very graceful, mildly spiced masala chai on a base of white chocolate and smooth woods. The perfume is not really deep or sweet but fresh and creamy. Just lovely!

6 comments:

  1. This shot looks so Yummy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy :) I couldn't stop eating!

      Delete
  2. Ahh, chai! One of the loves of my life! Though I have never really learned to make that perfect cup of chai... This sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't make a perfect cup of chai either. It needs all those lovely spices but being a bit lazy I always use the instant stuff :)

      Delete
  3. Mmm white choc chai, I might have to make an inspired smoothie! Omnia sounds like a delish fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh jade, yummy idea for a smoothie! Perfectly goes well with your Chai Spiced Oats :)

      Delete