Saturday, March 23, 2013

Makeup Collection: Blushes

Makeup and perfume are my two obsessions. I talk almost exclusively about perfumes in this blog but there is less of makeup talk. Perhaps, I should talk more about makeup. Last year when I moved continents, I gave away/sold almost 1/3rd of my makeup. Now I am left with a manageable stash. My makeup buying has reduced a lot. In the past 6 months, I have only bought about £50 worth makeup, mostly essentials. It makes me want to use the stuff I already have and love.

I've been meaning to do makeup inventory posts (inspired by Liz). Look forward to some photo heavy posts in future. 

Here goes my blush collection. Be warned, you may see a lot of peachy shades!
Ben Nye Cream Blush in Dusty Pink
Becca Beach Tint in Grapefruit
Ben Nye Cream Blush is super pigmented like all other Ben Nye things. Just a dab on each cheek will do and being creamy it spreads well to give a powdery finish. 
Becca Beach Tint is sheerer and ideal for a subtle, barely there flushed look.

NARS Multiple in Angelika 
Angelika is a bright pink with gold bits in it. It is a great shade when used light handedly. I don't quite like the texture of this. It feels a bit waxy and I prefer creamy. 

Napoleon Perdis Blush Patrol
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks in Nectar and Pink
Napoleon Perdis Blush Patrol is luminous and gives a great colour. It borders a bronzish red which may look ruddy if not blended well.
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are my favourite cheek products ever! Nectar is a great peachy/coral shade and love it. Pink is more of a highlight shade for my skin tone.

iNuovi Thumbelina (yay, hit the pan!)
Natio in Peach Glow
L'Oreal True Match Blush in Rosewood

iNuovi and Natio are both almost the same shade of peach but iNuovi has more shimmer and Natio is more of a sheen. L'Oreal Rosewood shows up on my skintone and makes me look like I am wearing blush but in a good way.

MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Springsheen
Sleek blush in Rose Gold
I love this MAC blush, very natural looking on me and quite glowy. Sleek Rose Gold is my poor girl's substitute for NARS Orgasm. I like this and have no plans of buying Orgasm anytime soon.

Clinique Quick Blush In-A-Rush-Blush
L'Oreal Blush Minerals Soft Peach
Clinique Quick blush is actually great for handbag and it doesn't spill. The colour is again a peachy shade. I am not too fond of the L'Oreal one but I do use it because it is a safe shade.
Sassy Mineral Blushes 
Love these blushes. They are have really fine shimmer and nicely pigmented. Celebrity is my most worn one. 

Benefit Thrrrob and Coralista
Thrrrob is more of a highlighter for my colouring. It has a lavender/pinkish hue which actually brightens my skin. Coralista is beautiful peachy gold and smells like passion fruit! It is the best complement blush with any bronzer.

L.A. Minerals Flushed and Pink Du Jour
These are my newest addition. I think they are okay. Flushed is a bit chalky but Pink Du Jour is soft and powdery. Both have nice pigment.

And that's it! I know the photos are not the best but it is the best I can get in the dim, glum weather. Next up: Bronzers!

14 comments:

  1. I love blush. i have been drooling over this. lol. you have a great collection. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love blush too! I should branch out to more shades I think :) x

      Delete
  2. What a great collection! I think I have a lot of different shades since I don't like to have multiples of a similar color (because then I will never get anywhere in the morning, debating over five similar pink blushes, for example) but it is nice to stick with what works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think it is healthy to have different shades! When I walk into a shop and see a peachy blush, I pick it up by unconsciously and then come home to realise that I have so many of the same shade already. My debate is mostly "should I wear shimmery peach or golden peach or sheerer peach" on the days I wear makeup LOL it is hard :D

      Delete
  3. Oooh, pretty blushers!!!!!!! LOVE THEM ALL.

    I didn't know you favoured peachy shades - good to know. So impressed with that one that you hit pan on. I don't think that will ever happen to me in my lifetime. -__-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peachy shades are warm and complement my complexion I suppose. Or so I think. But regardless, I love the colour :)
      Oh, I hit the pan because that was the only blush I took to India and used it continuously for 6 weeks. The shade is very sheer and you do need more to make it show on the skin :D

      Delete
  4. Yay, how fun to see a makeup post! You have a great blush collection! I was so excited that I have 2 of the same blushes as you- Nars Angelika (though mine is powder instead of multiple) and Benifit Thrrrob! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, how nice is Angelika and Thrrrob, though I think they suit your skin better than mine :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely collection of blushes, Su. I recently did a post on my make-up collection, and it makes me feel better looking at other like minded make up obsessed people's collections :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah feels better but don't you have a lot more than I do ;)
      BTW, I love Sassy blushes :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice collection Su! I am new to blushes and I really enjoyed seeing your collection. For the time being, I have only two. One of them is the clinique quick blush 03 Minute Mocha. It's not very obvious on me but it does give a little glow to my face. Maybe, I will try a peachy colour next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I wasn't too much into blushes until a few years ago. Now I can't get enough :) Clinique one is nice, isn't it? That shade sounds good. Keep experimenting :) x

      Delete
  7. I enjoy peachy shades too, I have so many blushes but out of all the makeup things I seen to gravitate towards them the most! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like blushes too! It is nice to collect some pretty looking ones. Yeah, peach shades are universally flattering I think :)

      Delete